Local places for aquarium plumbing parts

silicon

Are there any local places (in Western Washington (from Tacoma to Seattle area)) to buy aquarium plumbing parts like bulkheads, I recently got an acrylic aquarium with holes drilled in it for the overflow but there's no plumbing parts that came with it and I've never had an aquarium that's been drilled and I don't want to just seal up the holes.

Madness

Staff member
Lumbermans has some as well but they are very expensive. Your best bet is to measure the diameter of the holes and buy from ebay or amazon. That is where I buy all of my bulkheads. Like $4 ea, it is really cheap.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
For what I have in stock I sell for $5 each. I believe I have 1 inch, 3/4 and 1/2 inch in stock somewheres.

silicon

My tank's hole size measures 1 in 7/8ths or 47.625mm, my understanding is I need 1 inch bulkheads (thankfully it's drilled to a standard size?)

I looked at home depot's website and they do have some bulkheads but not my size and also they're like 3x the price you could probably get it online.

Aquarium Coop, if you do sell bulkheads; they aren't listed on your website fyi.

A

Anonymous

Madness said:
fishNAbowl said:
:scratch: - Home Depot...
I have never seen any at home depot, does yours carry them?
If I remember correctly the last time I went looking for bulkheads I found some at Home Depot.... I was making homemade filters from 2.5 and 5 gallon buckets and installed bulk heads on the side of the buckets. These were rudimentary filters for my feeder fish at the time.