Local German Blue Ram and Dark Rams Cichlid 3month old juve

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III

clownie

I just texted him. For the blue's. He wants $100 for 6 of them($16 a piece) I think that's a little on the high side since i can pick them up retail for $13 a piece. At wet spot $11.

clownie

True that but..... I find domestic raised stuff to be adjustable to water parameters then wild.
Don't get me wrong....I will always support local breeders( I am one myself) But I feel you should cut a little break on something so common. I can understand $100 for the blacks(they aren't my cup of tea anyway) but for german blues i couldn't pull that trigger.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Don't get me wrong....I will always support local breeders( I am one myself) But I feel you should cut a little break on something so common. I can understand $100 for the blacks(they aren't my cup of tea anyway) but for german blues i couldn't pull that trigger.

I think it depends on the quality of the fishes. Rams vary widely in this regard, as you know, and I'd gladly pay a premium for really nice ones.

I am also with you on the Black Rams: why on earth would you take a fish as pretty as this...

Ram@650.jpg

... and selectively breed a derivative that looks like this? :eek:

Ram-BlackRam2019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.