Contributing Member Level III
Good to see the B&I Pet Center being a GSAS sponsor store. :spoton:

Betty

Staff member
DMD123 said:
The list needs to be updated with some stores now being closed. :(

Pac Avenue fish & Pets is closed
Pet Pourri is also closed

Not sure of the name of the store, but inside the B&I on South Tacoma Way, they have a fish store. Can we get info and add that one. :cheers:
I don't know if the original poster of this is still active on the forum, but I made a map two years ago and haven't updated it since May. http://www.wafishbox.com/t1755-map-of-local-fish-stores
I'll add B&I Pet Center and remove Pet-Pourri.

Did B&D Aquarium relocate? I seem to remember reading something about that a while back. If anyone sees any other changes, please let me know and I'll add/remove them.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Betty,

Yes, B&D relocated about one block from their original location; their new address is: 10450 15th Ave S.W.

Courtesy of GSAS 'airstone':

From: "Roy \(Seattle_Aquarist\)" <Seattle_Aquarist AT comcast.net>
To: <airstone AT gsas.org>
Subject: [Airstone] Dreary Friday; Needed CO2; Visited B&D Aquarium
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:57:40 -0800

Hi All,

A dreary Friday afternoon and I needed to refill my 15# CO2 cylinder so I loaded it up and headed out. Got it refilled ($15) and since I was only about 5 miles from White Center I decided to visit B&D Aquarium. I had not visited there since they moved and wanted to see their new place. I called first and got the new address (10450 15th Ave S.W.) and found out it is about a block from their old location. When I got there I met Bruce the owner and re-introduced myself since it had been a couple of years since I last saw him. We talked about GSAS, the economy, and he was saying how folks are having trouble finding the new location since they moved and all the internet information has the old address. Vicky, one of the long time employees, and I talked a little about the logistics of the move and how the stocking levels of fish are finally getting back to normal. Then Steev came in to start his shift. We chatted about the auction, the changes we are experiencing in our club with the growth in membership, and the awesome speakers we have enjoyed the last few years.

The shop is in a smallish two bedroom home that has been converted into a business. Although the shop is small there are numerous tanks that are all clean with a good variety of fish. All of the fish were healthy (good job Steev!), active, and larger than the typical size you see in stores. They also they carry a good supply of dry goods and fish foods including frozen.

I encourage you to visit there when you have an opportunity and check them out!

-Roy

Red C Aquarium

can we update the map to contain this store

Red C Aquarium
522 ne 165th st
Shoreline,wa 98155
206-417-2772
1-9 tues -fri
11-8 weekends

Saltwater, Live Corals, Freshwater , all fish.....oh and plants and inverts.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.