Liquidation, bad pun! Seeking advice

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
If all else fails I have a black marker and some cardboard.... I can stand by freeway exits and my sign would read: 'Will clean fish tanks for $$$' :joker: 

Madness

Staff member
Ill give you $5/tank. LOL, Actually I think that tank cleaning is actually, for me anyway, a nice bonding time with my fish. Ive had my big bad Hoga chase my hand all over the tank at times, and the one time I was distracted, you would think he would have bit me, nope I think he was surprised that I didnt point at him or jerk my hand out, so he just started bumping my hand with his nose. LOL

:( so sad to see another fishbox member downsizing . . . hopefully you find good homes for your fish! I wish I had the money to take care of them!

Madness

Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
:( so sad to see another fishbox member downsizing . . . hopefully you find good homes for your fish! I wish I had the money to take care of them!
I think you missed most of the thread, he is actually not downsizing, just losing his job. :)

Salzabar

I also downsized but not for the same reason. Now I have just 3 55 gallon tanks to house my fish and a 6 gallon nano tank that I won at a GSAS meeting for my shrimp. It was hard to let go of all my fish and tanks but I did the right thing to free up my time and spend it more with my family. The easy part was selling off the tnks. Hard part was the fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
Not downsizing yet.

Rock bottom is if in 9 months we go through all our unemployment and our savings then we start with selling off the tanks. So Im OK for a bit.

Blerg. Losing a job is still pretty lame, as that eventually leads to downsizing.
That 72 Gallon Bowfront tank is going to look niiiiiiice!

gobluecichlids

I have downsized a bit too from moving from a rental house to an apartment. Kind of curbed my tank and fish lust. Right now my only tank is a 225 gal semi FOWLR saltwater tank. I've been out of the freshwater for almost a yr.

Don't sell your stuff for less than what you can replace on craigslist. I believe FX5 should not go below 150 each. I can't find one for less than that. I have a few on me right now sitting empty, I'm considering selling one for the first $150 offer.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
That 72 Gallon Bowfront tank is going to look niiiiiiice!
It is nice and I want to keep it! :tongue: 

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The way you keep your tanks clean, I'd be a continual costumer !!!!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd, hope it does not have to come to selling anything, but I appreciate you calling 'dibbs'  :tongue:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They are not vultures, just trying to help another fishbox member out. Help him out of a tank that is.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well turns out after about two weeks of liquidation we got an offer to buy the business out and a possible job offer for me from the buyer. I wanted a clean start but hey money is money and that would be a big relief not to have to look for work. Will wait and see what happens but good feeling.

pbmax

DMD123 said:
Well turns out after about two weeks of liquidation we got an offer to buy the business out and a possible job offer for me from the buyer. I wanted a clean start but hey money is money and that would be a big relief not to have to look for work. Will wait and see what happens but good feeling.
WIN! Fingers crossed :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
MorganEA said:
You can come clean my tank :D I have lots of pleco poo that needs vacuumed up.
That is a never ending battle, Ive got my own to clean up after!

pbmax, Looks like a WIN, I will meet with the buyer tomorrow so I will see what offer I get.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Thats awesome D. Now remember, go in high, like really high, so when you come down your still higher than you were. :twisted: :twisted: (this guy seems to be my emoticon for the hour :twisted: :twisted: )