light levels?

OK so when a plant is labeled as low light does that mean that more light will hurt said plant? Or is that the minimum light that it can live with? Sorry if this is a dumb question but its the kinda stuff that keeps me up at night.

It is the minimum light it takes to live. For example I have Java fern and Crypt. Wendtii, because they are easy. hope that helps.

pbmax

Most "low light" plants will thrive under high light conditions (as will every low light plant I've kept), but I imagine there are some exceptions to that rule. The plant experts would have to chime in. :)

One possible issue with tons of light over plants that tolerate low light conditions would be excess algae growth due to the plants' inability to take up enough nutrients from the water to out-compete it. You'll want to have at least some fast-growers in a high-light tank I think. I've noticed a marked reduction in algae growth since tossing hornwort into my tanks, for example.

Hefateus

None that I have ever found either but like pbmax said they can sometimes get some algae growth on them.