Let the courtship begin

Kingstature

It seems that I have gotten lucky and my Texas and Red Devil are interested in eachother.. Should be interesting if I can pull this off without anyone getting hurt... Here are some pics from tonights courtship thru the divider..
IMG_0464.jpg

Here she stops long enough for picture....Fingers are crossed... :king:
IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Let the wait and see game begin..... :king:

lars on

Kind of off topic sorry, but do you have any problems with the texas going after or picking on that pleco in there?

And beautiful fish, I hope they dont tear eachother apart.

sandnuka

Hybrid master!

Kingstature, you are crazy with your hybriding!!! lol.... just crossing this and that to make beautiful fish..... You are a unique hobbyiest... I love it! let me know what those lil' guys look like.... maybe you create a new species that everyone will love.... what will you name the species??? "The Texas Devil" lol

Kingstature

I will let the devil lay her eggs first and male texas to notice her doing this.. (They are still new at the process) then I will remove both of them to a completely new tank set up all to themselves where they can work on their relationship for next three weeks.. You know find a new spot to live as a couple, move the furniture around, Lay around and argue for a bit, feed and get fat untill they essentially fall in love one night and she will put on her dark colors and the texas's head will swell and just maybe create a family of their own.. Although it could go completely opposite and I turn on the lights to find her cowering in the corner of the tank and asking for for a new apartment and restraining order.. So only time can tell.. :king:

Kingstature

alotadollars said:
those the ones i sold you?
No not These ones, The Fish I bought from you are a bit small yet and are swimming in south american 150 gallon tank right now till they grow a bit, this boy is from Jason in Mukilteo (email me jason if you read this Yeah you Jason the one I helped with your algae bloom in your 72 gallon bowfront ??)
And Devil is From Mr. King (Email me back as well) Down in Graham... :king:

Kingstature

lars on said:
Kind of off topic sorry, but do you have any problems with the texas going after or picking on that pleco in there?

And beautiful fish, I hope they dont tear eachother apart.
I have noticed over the years that if the pleco is in the tank before the aggressive fish, they usually work out together.. I tried once to add a pleco to a red devil tank after the Devil and that did not go over so well...so to answer your question, NO absolutely no problems with tex and pleco...
:king: