Largest Aquascaped Aquarium; Lisbon, Portugal; T. Amano

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Here is a new YouTube video about the huge aquascape project. It is 130 feet long (approx 40 million gallons) and is being done in Lisbon by Amano; enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQ3hTKajOA&feature=youtu.be

20150127_01jpg

-Roy

tazeat

That's pretty cool, hate to see an algae bloom in that. Wonder if they're running CO2 or not... And if they're going to put fish in it.

A

Anonymous

tazeat said:
That's pretty cool, hate to see an algae bloom in that. Wonder if they're running CO2 or not... And if they're going to put fish in it.
I would say no on the CO2 injection and yes on the fish. The type of substrate, the shear size with all the fish and critters that will be in that system it'll be pretty close to a natural ecosystem. The cost to maintain something like this would be insane and unimaginable unless you where a fortune 500 business owner.

Thanks for sharing Roy. This is amazing.

Salzabar

Thanks for sharing Roy. That was an awesome sneak peek and looking forward to the next video of the completed project.

tazeat

I'm struggling with the 40 million gallons... How deep is it?

Doing some math say 140ft length and 12 ft depth and width (which seems optimistic from the pictures) that's only 20k ft^3 at 8 gal/ft^3 is 160k gallons... Double it for filtration and everything still not even half a million, am I way off?