L397 Pleco group...

Orthopod

Just picked a group of eleven L397

cool Pleco - they were supposed to be 2.25 to 2.75 inches - I’d say half were under 2 inches and closer to 1.5 inches.... cool fish but was a little annoyed. None are close to 2.75 inches. I called the guy on it but what can I do - still a cool fish and the price wasn’t wholly unreasonable at even that size.

44B2A3F2-6A06-4B0E-B8FF-40453329D0BA.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Awesome little guys. I hope you keep this post active with their progression and growth!

I also want to share that I can feel your pain! I once ordered a group of rare black umbee from a guy in Alaska..... he promised them all to be 2” and charged be buy the inch..... when I got them, their total length was closer to 3/4” and some as small as 1/2” with the largest being 1”. I basically paid double their worth. They did finally grow and I got over it, I just never purchased from him again .

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Just picked a group of eleven L397

cool Pleco - they were supposed to be 2.25 to 2.75 inches - I’d say half were under 2 inches and closer to 1.5 inches.... cool fish but was a little annoyed. None are close to 2.75 inches. I called the guy on it but what can I do - still a cool fish and the price wasn’t wholly unreasonable at even that size.

View attachment 6527

Is this a breeding project? Beautiful fish.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
If you would like to place 2 pairs under my care I would be willing to help with the L46 breeding program :D