Kenya Tree

SEAF

The more I do with saltwater, the more I feel like a novice! I have this coral that I have always called a Kenya Tree. The other day, I was given a Kenya Tree (in a trade) and it made me question my identification of the first one. I realize there are many different types of saltwater critters and these could be two different types of Kenya Tree. However, my original one doesn't look like anything I can find online under the Kenya Tree classification. So, here I am again, begging for someone to help me ID this:

This second picture with the flash shows the chartreuse green color on top of the branches better:

Here are photos of the Kenya Tree I was given the other day:

lilfishie

SEAF said:
So, here I am again, begging for someone to help me ID this:

This second picture with the flash shows the chartreuse green color on top of the branches better:

Its a very toxic leather. :no: It will kill your fish if they get too close. I could put it in my tank. My fish are immune to them.

:lol!: just kidding.
I am not sure what that one is. But it is really pretty.
Did you post a pic on RF? Some one there like Cy or Brie at Barrier will know I'm sure.
AND if you would at some time in the future frag a piece, I'll buy it from you.

SEAF

Lorrie, you had me going there for a minute with the "toxic leather" thing! I will post it on RF, when I can make the time to do it.

It is about an inch and a half as you see it in the pic. It was one of my first corals. When I got it (9-10 months ago), it was barely big enough to fill that hole where it is currently rooted. In fact, it dropped in the sand one day and I lost it for two days.

When I find out what it is, perhaps I can determine the best way to frag it. I'm kinda hoping it will drop frags like a Kenya tree. However, it may be more valuable if it is difficult to frag. I'll let you know.

lilfishie

Its pretty easy to frag. With a sharp pair of sissors or a razor blade, just slice off a branch and rubber band it to a piece of rubble rock and it will attach itsefl to it. You typically want to dip it to help heal in coral rx or possibly tank water and iodine mix. There should be a thread on RF for fragging info.
And No it will not drop babies like the kenya tree. Darn!