Kaijai's pet and garden - Chehalis

fishfreak360

Cool place has lots of fish and other pets and they offer adoption pets as well. fish, kittens, birds, I think some reptiles, lots of plants pet food anything u could think of pet or garden wise u could find it here. 623 nw stave ave chehalis wa 98532. 360-748-4221. Service 4 1/2 fish 5 (mostly freshwater) lots of variety I bought a kuhli loaches for 3 bucks and a clown pleco for 8 bucks. I would recommend checking it out if in the chehalis area closed on Sunday only downside.

fishman09

best store around this area. dont buy the bio gold or the cichlid excel as they expired in like 03 lol. and a terrible selection of cichlids but they have a lot of other fish.

Ratlova30

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Fishman, thank you so much for telling me about this store! This is the best pet store I have been to when it comes to fish and this is the only store I will be buying fish from, from now on. First and foremost the fish looked healthy, I looked at every tank thoroughly and could not find any sign of disease anywhere :spoton: Although there wasn't a huge variety to choose from, they were carrying a lot of types of fish(as well as less common color variants) that I didn't think I'd ever be able to get my hands on unless I ordered them online(all kinds of rainbow fish!). Their prices were reasonable, not chain store cheap but cheap enough that someone on a budget can afford. Full grown zamora woodcats were only $7, and I thought that was a real bargain. And this may not matter to some but I wasn't cramped from narrow isles or being sweated out from heat coming off of tanks, it was a nice cool open room and I didn't feel rushed or like I was constantly in someone's way. The only negative thing I can note about this store is they had one cave tetra with a messed up spine that should have been put down, but that is the only negative that I can think of. When it comes down to it, if you want HEALTHY fish or harder to come by fish, this is the place you need to come to. For what it's worth it was a nice scenic drive down there.

I'll be going down next month to buy some more fish as well as talk to the owners about bringing in some green kissing gouramis. She said if there was something I wanted brought in to just talk to them.

ReefRift

Overall Experience 2
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 1

Average variety, appear in good health. Overpriced but don't tell the male owner, he'll give you a rambling speech about his struggles in life. The owner will treat you like you don't know anything about fish tanks. Never dealt with the wife so I don't know if perhaps she has better customer service.

discus_2013

Overall experience 2
Cost 4
Quality 3
Variety 1
Service 0

I have been here numerous time basically because it's one of very few pet shops in the area, product is run of the mill, guppies platties, a few Africans, if you can get it here you can get it at Petco cheaper, the employees are all unenthusiastic, you are wasting their time if you ask a question, the owner literally stripped his shirt off in front of my wife and I while talking to us about fish, picture Chris farley at about 55, prices are ok, tanks are clean, the rest of the store is dirty, I saw mice running around the floor of their bird room and just smells unkempt, overall not very happy.