Just wanted to know if there are any events coming up? or Auctions?

Madness

Staff member
We just had our very first swap meet. The next one will be after the first of the year. I believe February sometime. And Roy will probably chime in soon with anything that GSAS may have coming up.

Seattle_Aquarist

madness said:
We just had our very first swap meet. The next one will be after the first of the year. I believe February sometime. And Roy will probably chime in soon with anything that GSAS may have coming up.
madness, you know me so well! lol

Actually we have a 'mini-auction' at the end of most of our regular speaker meetings; our next speaker meeting is on January 8th. Lawrence Kent will be speaking on African (possibly east African) species. Our next big auction will be our General Auction with fish, plants, tanks, filters, the works! It will be held on Saturday, April 13th.

Angelman

The Seattle Area Aquarium Swap is already starting on the next SWAP (February), but we need your help in finding a suitable location. If you know of a great centralized location please email rondsower@gmail.com or arjemison@hotmail.com.

Special Note: The Seattle Area Aquarium Swap is not affiliated with any local clubs or organization. Our goal is to provide a local place for others to share ideas/information and trade goods with one another and expand the aquatic hobby.

For more information like us at: Facebook

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Jessielynn1024,

We haven't started promoting the event yet but the big annual GSAS General Auction will be on Saturday, April 13th at the West Seattle Christian Church, 4400 42nd Ave SW, Seattle, 98116. I don't know if the details have been worked out but last year registration opened at 9AM and the auction started at 10AM. More will be information will be posted to the various websites as the date approaches.

-Roy

Also, on March 9, there is a Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet. Come get your table at 2-2:30pm and doors open to public at 3-6pm. It's just a group of hobbiest from fresh to salt to frogs, with fish, plants, and 'stuff' to trade, sell and give-away.

Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/AQUARIUMSWAP?ref=hl

Any questions? just contact Aron (angelman on this forum) of me!

Ron