just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins

haika

The GSAS has offered gently used 75g tank set-ups from Pet Expo in Spokane for the last couple years. This year I decided that I was up to trying something this big. 75g is HUGE for me.....most of my tanks are between 2.5 and 10g. Anyway, my 33L is getting a bit tight for my 2 calico beauties so I've been toying with the upgrade notion. Today I learned that I got first pick of the setups so I'm going with the LED lighting. What a deal!~

If you are interested in seeing where my ryukins are right now, I'm the third video in the 2013 GSAS Home Show.

http://vimeo.com/60361156

And the outside goldies/koi are waking up. In fact, last week I think I fed them baby wheatgerm pellets twice since the tank temperatures were about 42-45F and they were agitating for food at the feeding rings.

Betty G.

haika

Not sure if it'll go back into storage or what. The Danio choprae sure like that footprint. I'll have to see what vibe I get once I get the 75g tank planted up....don't know whether it will 'say' Danio choprae or not. I do like keeping the two (goldfish and danios) together just for the energy synergy. Since goldfish will be going into the big tank, I'll likely plant it up about a month or so before putting in fish so I have plants that have rooted in and aren't dislodged as easily. Still thinking this tank evolution through.....

Betty G.

haika

edited post: The club needed immediate payment so I will just have to wait until I have cash-in-hand or room on the cc....so this may not happen. We'll see. I most likely WON'T get the LED if ANY tanks are still available. The perils of being a fed during budget crisis time....unwilling to take on debt beyond my pay-off means unless it's life-or-death. Some may debate this (wink) but a new tank is NOT life-or-death...

Betty G.