Just got the parts for my new CO2 setup.

cafman

Gonna start putting things together. Just filled up the aluminium CO2 tank for the first time. There is a lot of condensation after I got the tank filled. The condensation is normal right? My understanding is that the CO2 being in liquid form is very cold so the tank gets cold and "sweats". Will it keep sweating?

I just want to make sure that is normal CO2 tank behavior and not a safety issue. I'm a touch paranoid about these things.

I'll probably have more comments/questions as I put this together tonight.

cafman

alexmuw

Sounds ok. If the tank is cold, then your just getting water vapor condensing on the outside of the tank, nothing to worry about.

You have nothing to worry about .that should go away if kept in a warm environment . Just make sure you have good valve connections when you set it up and nothing can damage it where you decide to place it.<div align="left"></div>

icer711

Yes its normal the liquid is very cold and warming to air temp happens a lot exp if recently filled....once it all warns to room temp it should dissaper your not useing it fast enough to freez comming out of the tank so it will all just go away ;)

cafman

Alright, system appears to be up and running. I'm starting conservative to make sure I'm not over doing the CO2 although info on the web for bubbles per minute is pretty sketchy. I know tank size and diffusion method effect bbp but seems like there would be more info.

cafman

So my male angel always ignored the corner of the tank farthest from the filter. That's the corner that now has the diffuser in it. The male angel now spends all his time in the CO2 bubble stream. After a while he slowly drifts motionless to the bottom of the tank. A few minutes later he goes back to the stream of bubbles. Is he getting high and is that normal?

I barely have the CO2 on so I'm not over-gassing the tank.

alexmuw

LMAO. Sounds like you got yourself a highflyer.

I don;t know, maybe he got curious and found himself drifting off. Sounds hilarious