Jones and Co is closing :(

dwarf - I remember the Lynnwood Jones and Co.

I also seem to remember them having an Everett Mall location. Does anyone else remember that, or am I just making that up?

Bob

The Lynnwood Jones was one of the first pets stores i ever went to as a kid. At least its the first one i remember going too. I also got my first 29 gallon tank/stand as a christmas gift from the Everett mall Jones. I got so many reptiles from the Everett mall Jones growing up. I was sad when that one closed down.

I can't believe that they are just closing it down without even trying to sell the company or even hand it down.

MRTom

Vicmacki said:
I can't believe that they are just closing it down without even trying to sell the company or even hand it down.

When I was there they were saying the landlord was basically pushing them out (shrinking the location and raising rent)... Maybe they could be convinced to move?

Bob

Up to 10% off storewide, 25% off freshwater fish, 60% saltwater, 35% off reptiles

Discuslover

Vicmacki said:
Up to 10% off storewide, 25% off freshwater fish, 60% saltwater, 35% off reptiles
went by today. same results. they have lots of bogwood 6.99 per lb. almost zero plants. fish selection dwindling.

Bob

Freshwater Fish 90% off. Not much left, Assorted Cichlids nothing special, some ugly Irian Red Rainbows, Clown plecos, rubber lip plecos, TONS of snails lol, no plants worth a darn.

Did score a Glo T5 HO Linear Fluorescent Lighting System Single 36 inch for $18.

LuminousAphid

dwarfpike said:
Anyone else besides me remember the Lynnwood Jones and Co out of morbid curiousity?

I used to go there as a kid and look at fish, or try to find crickets which had gotten loose and were inside the store making noise- a lot of times we found them in the bulk 'small furry animal' or bird feed containers. I don't remember too much besides that and seeing the little neon tetras and thinking those were the best fish ever. Back then I knew a kid who had a ton of tanks and reptiles/amphibians, and my mom had a 20? gallon tank, so we went there pretty often.

edit; Vicmacki, did they have any mts or other digging/burrowing snails left?

Bob

They had a few nerites, otherwise all their tanks have about 100 little snails in them.

Bob

Dont go in expecting anything. Like i said the other day, there is nothing left worthwhile.

Bob

Went this morning, a lady bought all the rainbows, a gentlemen bought all the cichlids. And i bought everything else. Got one Striata Botia, Synodontis Pleurops, Orange Bumblebee Catfish, 7 green swordtail fry, 1 Lemon Tetra fry, Female Apisto of some sort,and two bristlenose. He was nice enough to dig through everything to find all these stray fish. Only feeder goldfish left and one salt water fish.

Bob

Stuff is going fast. Got the Fluval 7.9 gallon planted aquarium kit for $20. Aqueon 13 gallon widescreen aquarium kit $20. 1600 new bio balls for $8. 55 gallon glass tops $4. And some other odds and ends.

Some punk got the Aqueon neon sign though =)