Jones and Co is closing :(

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Tomorrow a sale starts of up to 40% off for their going out of business sale. This is just another reminder to support your local stores when you can.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I never make it that far north, so I never shopped there. But sad to see a local business close down.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Prices were not good. Overpriced to begin with and aquatic stuff is 5% off, live fish 20% off. Went this morning.

A

Anonymous

Before that one store opened up in Edmonds I used to go here about once a month. Service wasn't the best, and I only like going if I was searching for Apistogramma species. They had a tendency to have 3-5 different species if you hit the timing right.

A couple times I had to approach customers after they got done talking with staff to set them straight. I had a couple other circumstances happen there that really detered me from being a regular customer...

MRTom

So did anyone else get the chance to stop by and check them out. Is it an aquatics only sale, or are they also closing down the rest of the store? Sad to see a store shut down after over 30 years of operation...

hbluehunter

I went up there yesterday, like Cory said not the best pricing.. FW supplies 5% and fish 20%.. the best deal i got was on pond stuff, that was 40%. There was a couple nice clown loaches in the 6-7" range for $23ea, and 3 big silver dollars for $20 ea, with 20% off would make a decent deal. Had some nice severums that were WAY overpriced !! ($40+ea)

MRTom

I stopped by this afternoon, I heard they are closing because the building is getting remodeled and they are increasing the rent unreasonably. Prices, even after 5% discount, weren't enough to make me buy a lot. If folks stop by later and find out the discounts have increased, let us know so we can go in and help them close out.

Bob

Was in today, still only 5% off. Considering their prices are about 10% higher than everyone else, not much of sale. Also don't know what is up with the fish. If you go in the evening it seems like every tank has multiple dead fish in it. Since there isn't a live fish guarantee anymore, doesn't make me very confident even with 20% off.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I would have thought they'd have to be out at the end of this month. But perhaps it's next month. I've seen stores do this before though not discount enough until the last day and they end up with infinite unsold stuff that gets donated to good will...

Bob

I am about five minutes away and check in a few times a week. They did say they are trying to stay open until December which must be when their lease runs out. I'll try to remember to update this if anything really goes on sale.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Ah ok. The only thing I'm really interested in is their Aqueon neon sign in the fish room :p

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
I would have thought they'd have to be out at the end of this month. But perhaps it's next month. I've seen stores do this before though not discount enough until the last day and they end up with infinite unsold stuff that gets donated to good will...
Is this a pun? Because there is a Goodwill right next door in the same building , LOL!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, just seen it happen, stores wait too long then do 75% the day they are closing and wonder why it isn't selling... Not everyone can make it THAT day, esp if it's like a Tuesday.

MRTom

Funny thing is that last time I was there, I made a point of stopping by goodwill to check out what aquarium stuff they had too.

A

Anonymous

^ lol, me too! Also found neat ceramic shakers I use for caves for small fish :D