Jellyfish

icer711

Jellyfish any one?

[flash=640,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/I90oKrZOXRk&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

cafman

Give me a beer, a back rub and this thing and I i'll be getting my mellow on. That's awesome. Wonder whats involved. Guess I'll click the link.
Cafman

icer711

it sounds way simple lol... i think you forgot the recliner though ;P
they have a desktop version for about 250 not including the little things but they seamed decently priced

sandnuka

woah! never thought about keepin these guys... but if i had a SW tank, I thnk i would definetly want some in there....

wonder if i could get a box jelly fish, so people keep there hand out of my tank!

Paintguy

They have an interesting jellyfish tank down at the Seattle Aquarium. Like a big vertical acrylic life safer that you can walk through. They also have a lighting system on it that fades to different colors. My kids loved it.

icer711

how is that aquarium? never been there yet... ever been to the new port bay aquarium in New port Oregon? does it compare to that?

cafman

Seattle aquarium is good but small. Kinda pricey. We went when my nephew was in town and we bought the Seattle pass. I wouldn't pay full price, but i'm cheap/poor/has2kids.

cafman

On the topic of jelly, these are awesome. I looked for a cheaper option but the original link seems to be the cheaper option. Someday I'll own one of these but prolly not till my older boy is through college.

icer711

lol ooops sorry ;) did you see the desktop version? very good price on it :)

cafman i guess i will have to check it out one day.... ill have to drag my monkeys along they will get a kick out of it im sure

Paintguy

I thought the Seattle Aquarium was hit and miss. I think it was $19 per adult and it did not take that long to walk through. The octopus was very cool, a 2-3 foot puffer, a mammoth rock cod tank with a scuba diver answering questions via microphone and a specific saltwater reef tank in the back had some amazing color (proper lighting on it). I have not been to Oregon Aquarium in a while, but I remember it was much bigger and better than Seattle.

sandnuka

I really love the dome in seattle..... with all the local fishes swimming around.... I can just sit in there for hours and hours.... I used to fish allot, so I caught most of them.

Cool to see a giant skate and know it is native to our water....

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Very cool! I want one now as well! Maybe someday. lol

Icer, for your kids they would probably love the seattle aquarium. Went with my ex and his son (who was 2 at the time) and he absolutely loved it. The jelly fish ring is pretty neat. I have some pics if you'd like to see sometime. Just pm your email addy and I can send em. There is a touch pool as well as the water dome that Sand was talking about its cool too. LOTS of stuff to look at in there. And you can sit and just watch for hours (granted the kids will let you).