It’s time for a picture of the month contest again.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have a nice Sony DSLR but a horrible slow lens, always been tempted to spend some money on a nice lens but already have too many expensive hobbies, lol.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
To an extent it's about more about the photographer. It's too dang hard for me to get those itty bitty fish to slow down enough to focus. The new lens will be but a crutch to my own timing flaws. It's too bad it has to be my own fish or I might have tried to sneak over to one of the monster keepers homes to shoot an easier target :whistle.
You mean one of those fishes that sits on the bottom all day and never moves? :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Was thinking that depending on fish submitted we may not know who’s picture we could be voting on…

There are multiple members with shell dwelling multies as an example. Also quite a few with the same types of large cichlids and bichirs, not to mention bn plecos. So I submitted a picture of a fish that I know another member also keeps to try and make things interesting.

Anyone else get pics in?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Was thinking that depending on fish submitted we may not know who’s picture we could be voting on…

There are multiple members with shell dwelling multies as an example. Also quite a few with the same types of large cichlids and bichirs, not to mention bn plecos. So I submitted a picture of a fish that I know another member also keeps to try and make things interesting.

Anyone else get pics in?
Not yet, but I have been taking some as well, so hopefully

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
If I was a betting man, I think that @John58Ford will win with the fancy gear… Mine was from a phone picture so it’s okay but not outstanding.

John58Ford

That one (or two....) speck of spot algae can be a real pain when you're targeted subjects are the size of your fingernail. I've still not had the big gear cooperate, I think I need to read a book about adjusting beyond intended ranges for lighting. I'm not even going to try to adjust the lighting for the camera, unless the thing will grow roots and make me 5 cameras from one or bloom or something. In the current world though, I've been working on getting some back up photos with my phone just in case; it doesn't have as big of a fit when moving from 1/1000s-i50 lighting (shooting the sun) straight to 3s-i3200(essentially a dark tunnel). Then the follow up trick of getting that fish to hold still a second lol.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I will have a post up tonight after work… I believe there were 5 submissions
Well many of us were thinking six would be submitted so pretty close... unless someone squeaked one in? lol