It’s time for a picture of the month contest again.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Here are the rules:

Each member can submit 1 picture of their current fish. No full tank shots as they don’t look good in the banner.

I will keep submissions open for two weeks. Meaning the final day to send me a picture is November 22nd. From there, I will create a post, sans name of member, of all of the submissions.

We will vote for 1 week with the picture with the most “likes” being declared the winner. The only prize offered will be your fish on the banner for the next month or so.

All submissions can be emailed to me at

Lloyd378@yahoo.com
Please include your name, your fishbox nickname, the species of fish (Latin preferred), and your best picture of said fish.

Thanks all and happy snapping!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome idea. Is there a way to send out emails to all members to participate?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The email from admin on this platform seem to always get kicked back to my inbox. I have not figured out a way to get them to go through, unfortunately.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the day we used to have some nice picture contests with tons of people participating. Now I feel like we would be lucky to get 6 or so. But I am willing to try. I will start taking pics...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yes we did. But we also had some sponsors back then that offered fish food to the winners.

Haven’t received any pics yet, though.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Only bout six of us on here regularly so we won’t be voting blind.
lol, now with context... I get it

Thats why the hope was to send out an email... We do have a few long time lurkers who check the site regularly but never comment anymore. If we could just get them back to using the site...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I like a challenge to get new pics but if doesn't go well Im going to submit an older one.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I like a challenge to get new pics but if doesn't go well Im going to submit an older one.
Is that legal? @lloyd378 said it had to be current fish, which obviously means fish that you have currently, but it could also be interpreted to mean fishes as they currently exist. i. e. not a year ago or whatever. Maybe we should have a vote on this! :roll

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Only bout six of us on here regularly so we won’t be voting blind.
Going along with this… If you have six pictures submitted and the six vote for their own pictures, who wins? lol

On another forum I used to frequent, they had a no voting for your own picture rule.

John58Ford

You never know when the "new guy" might get a macro lens and blow some minds with nano-fish pics. Either does he though ... Love the idea, I have been struggling with my new hardware and my lighting though, might get something submitted. Good luck all.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
You never know when the "new guy" might get a macro lens and blow some minds with nano-fish pics. Either does he though ... Love the idea, I have been struggling with my new hardware and my lighting though, might get something submitted. Good luck all.
Uh-oh, this isn't going to be about fishes, it's going to be about cameras! :rofl :rofl :rofl

John58Ford

Uh-oh, this isn't going to be about fishes, it's going to be about cameras! :rofl :rofl :rofl
To an extent it's about more about the photographer. It's too dang hard for me to get those itty bitty fish to slow down enough to focus. The new lens will be but a crutch to my own timing flaws. It's too bad it has to be my own fish or I might have tried to sneak over to one of the monster keepers homes to shoot an easier target :whistle.