It's been a while since I posted, here's a couple old tanks

LuminousAphid

Hey everyone, I have been busy with other hobbies lately and neglected posting on here, but I figured I would update you on one of my tanks I have been happy with.

This is the 10 gallon tank I have had for a while, and for a long time plants were struggling and I couldn't figure out why. I think now it was just the type of plant I was trying to grow; I have never had great success with the corkscrew val I had in the tank, and it finally all crapped out a while back. I replaced it with your garden variety val and it seems to be doing great now. No more crazy algae growth to the point the otos can't deal with it all, and it seems like even overstocked the fish are very happy. As you can see the val quickly takes over, I need to thin it out soon, maybe next time I gravel vac

[youtube]FsrWOPi67qc[/youtube]

And here's the convict cichlid I got as a fry and raised until he outgrew everything else I had in the tank, now it's just him and the SAE (also a clown pleco who might as well not exist except to make filth). I have decided to name him Masta Blasta

[youtube]5jo0txJOdAQ[/youtube]

pbmax

Re: It's been a while since I posted, here's a couple old ta

I've encountered the same with vals - jungle vals grow like wildfire, but corkscrews are much more picky. The top video looks fairly similar to a few of my tanks. :)