Is this Ich?

joseZ.

Can ich happen from one day to another? but like really extreme my keyhole cichlid was fine one day then the next day he is cover in white spots but a lot i had ich once before and it started as 2 spots then increased a little. It's on his eyes too.
Here are some pics with his buddy next to him. They are not the best but they work

img_2011.jpg

img_2012.jpg

I've been treating for ich only for 2 days that's when i noticed it. I can't raise the temp. because my heater has an automatic temp it's like 76-78.
So is this ich?

Kaosu

It hard to tell with the pics.

Ich always gets worse before it gets better.

keep up with the treatment

..what treatment are you using?

sandnuka

i dont know if it is ich... the spots look allot larger than any ich Ive seen? maybe a fungus thing?? Hopefully someone with a lil more exp. will chime in.

Madness

Staff member
If the spots were smaller it would be velvet, it looks like ich. The only problem with not raising the temp is that the ich will take the entire time to cycle, usually up to 40 days. You increase the temp and it speeds up the cycle and can be gone in 15 days.

Your heaters may be on automatic, so just throw in a separate heater to increase the temp. If your not going to increase temp, than you should use Rid-ick and do daily gravel vacs. It may take a while.