Is my Angel Fish pregnant??

sandnuka

its really really gonna be hard to breed without itleast one bigger community tank..... like a 55gal, thoughs are used to make pairs form, then after they do, they put them in there own 20gal...... so as far as you breeding your lil girl, its just gonna be very hard, and you gotta be pretty lucky...... They also make a ton of fry, so even if you did get a successful spawn, sounds like you dont have any room. I think I would kinda put the breeding thing aside until you get more room, and a itleast one bigger tank.

Sorry, thats really just my opionion. :cry:

Fern

I fully agree, don't try to breed them unless you have the space to do so.
You should still find a new home for that male so the female doesn't get abused and more.....

When you do have the tank space to breed them go to a good fish store and ask if there are any males. If the store takes good care of their fish they will spawn while at the fish store. And if they have employees like me who like to watch spawns someone may be able to pick out a male or 2 for you, or even a pair if you wanted?
Yes they can be separated and re-pair with another mate, I have seen it happen a few times with one male angel at my shop, he has spawned with 4 different girls sense he has been there :lol:

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I took him out of the community tank for a few days and then put him back in and he is fine with her now. He hasn't nipped or chased her once. He is following her around the tank now. They will be in a 30 gallon this week. Just the two of them.

sandnuka

woooooooohoooooooooo! congrats! you might get some babies, now you need that ten gallon for holding all the fry! :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have another tank to hold the fry, but I discovered today, I have TWO FEMALES!!! lol the zebra is holding eggs now. And she is still beating up the other angel that has laid two batches of eggs. So they are in separate tanks now.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Well let me rephrase that. They were doing good until the other female started laying her last batch and then the zebra started beating her up. Her fins are kind of torn up. She's healing in the community tank now. All her eggs were eaten by her. I gotta try and find a male when I have the money to do so. But for now they will remain separated.

TexAveri

Hey i have been reading this, and i breed/ raise/ and study angelfish as a hjobby if you have any questions you can totally message me on here or personally. Angelfish are very interesting especially when you get into genetics lol.