Impulse buy today....

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
So you all know I’ve been on the hunt for Pea puffers for some time now and haven’t been able to find them......

This morning I even stopped by pet works in Olympia to see.( they didn’t have one but did have a rather large water cow that I thought was awesome).

anyways, on the way home I stopped into aquarium paradise to see what they got in today. Unfortunately they didn’t have any pea puffers either, but what they did have were fahaka puffers available in 3 sizes.

I chose the smallest size and I am excited to shoot some pics once he/ she / it becomes comfortable in his tank ( 40g breeder for now then bedroom 75g then my 125g and so on and so on).

pics coming soon!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thats awesome! I would love a Fahaka but I dont have the tank for it. It would either be a 75 (too small) or the 300 (over kill) lol. Should have done something like a 125 in my garage set up.

Any pics of the little guy?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Thats awesome! I would love a Fahaka but I dont have the tank for it. It would either be a 75 (too small) or the 300 (over kill) lol. Should have done something like a 125 in my garage set up.

Any pics of the little guy?
I will grab some soon.... bring that I chose the smallest one, I think the new tank is freaking him out a bit so getting a pic is difficult as he’s hiding behind a log right now. But I have high hopes as he was the most active of the 3 when I was at the shop!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I’m hoping for him to demolish my mts in this tank but I will offset the snails with some frozen krill!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
He may even get some red wiggler worms from my worm bin!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
He is getting big! His color and stripes are really coming in nicely. Good looking puff!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I went to aquarium paradise today to get some more frozen krill for my fahaka and they had PEA puffers! First time in months that I’ve seen them.

Anyways, I picked up two to keep the MTS population in my planted tank ( or should I say attempted planted tank). They are small. I mean really small so no pics until they put on some size ( I don’t think my camera phone zooms in that much) haha.

Just wanted to pass on the info in case anyone else was looking.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
This is my other impulse buy ( actually gifted to me for selling him some other fish)....

jag X Dovii

While doing water changes today, I was actually able to get a pic of my newest fish ( a gift from a hobbyist out of sequim ). He always hides so it’s not very often that I actually see him. The pic has water spots on it as this was in the middle of me doing a water change.

I have been growing him out to see what it looks like for about a month now.

was hoping for a fish that looked like a jag with the body and size of a Dovii but it appears to be the opposite. I’m guessing he’s about 6-6.5” now

my only hope is that if it does have the jag shape, it doesn’t develop into the line / over bred jags that develop the hump in their backs ( spawning salmon style).5E41818D-955E-4B43-AE01-A99902AB7C50.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
He came after it during the gravel vac today so I had to clinch my fists and then use a net to keep him away. Haha

There was a girl on the puffer forum who thought she could hand feed her hairy puffer. Turns out she did “hand” feed it, lol. It took the tip of her finger too!

Im pretty trusting with my hairy puffer and put my hand in the tank but careful not to do anytime near feeding or when I know she is hungry. I do feed night crawlers which could be mistaken for a finger. My arrowhead puffer I really dont trust. It is pretty fearless and its trigger to feed is the tank lid opening!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
There was a girl on the puffer forum who thought she could hand feed her hairy puffer. Turns out she did “hand” feed it, lol. It took the tip of her finger too!

Im pretty trusting with my hairy puffer and put my hand in the tank but careful not to do anytime near feeding or when I know she is hungry. I do feed night crawlers which could be mistaken for a finger. My arrowhead puffer I really dont trust. It is pretty fearless and its trigger to feed is the tank lid opening!
Yeah, they sure are aggressive! I’ve even noticed that I’m missing some endlers lately.