~~~Im Looking For Something~~~

Wolf-Keeper1

I'm looking for the piece of plastic that slides onto the glass lids. I have one that is 6 feet long. But my glass lids are pretty thick and it doesn't fit the plastic slide thing. I don't know what it's called though. It's not the hinge. It would go on the back lid. And then I could cut out notches for my filter tubes and what not. Anyway any help would be great. I'm going to guess my lids are about a 1/4 inch thick. So the plastic piece needs to have that size gap.

protocl

The plastic flashing?
I'm not sure if that title is appropriate, but I know what you mean.
Not sure where to buy, but try looking into TAP plastics for a alternative.

larry.beck

I know Aqueon sells the stuff in rolls, they had it down at The Wet Spot earlier this year when I bought lids for my 125g.

Wolf-Keeper1

Hey, yeah that's what I'm looking for. But see how it says 3/16 is that the gap size? If so I need a bigger gap I tried to get mine on but it's to narrow and it doesn't hold. Thanks. I'll see if they sell similar products.

Wolf-Keeper1

Ok don't laugh at me cause I dont know. I never got into shop class. But I just measured my glass lid and it's 5 of the notches inside of the inch marker. Would the correct way to say this measurment is 5/16"? I know this is probably 7th grade shop stuff but I seriously am
unsure.