If you had to choose one bottom feeder, what would it be?

Madness

Staff member
Re: If you had to choose one bottom feeder, what would it be

I have 2 Weeksii now, both of them were that way as well. And both previous owners said the reason they are selling it is because they never see it.

Now that they are with me and in with 11 other Bichirs, they come out all the time and especially at feeding time :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Well I had one of those 'Ah Ha!' moments... I mentioned my issue on another forum and the answer was kind of obvious. Why not just remove the piece of wood that seems to be causing the issue and see what happens. Duh, that was just way too simple. I think this will be my first thing I will do.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I absolutely love the head shape of the weeksii compared to other types. I guess they do get more active with size and age but it just been a slow process. The del comes out when it smell food hi the water but the weeksii will just sit there.

Madness

Staff member

like this

Attachments

• 20140630_133223.jpg
    20140630_133223.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I would never see the weeksii at all! I used to have a large lava rock in the tank that the weeksii loved to hide in, but I hate having expensive fish I never see.
dsc03824.jpg

Old pic of the gold dust in it before the weeksii kicked him out.

I know if that rock made it into the tank the weeksii would move in and the pleco hated it so it would help.