Ideas to get more activity here on wafishbox...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Another thought popped in my head. Another admin job... With the store reviews section can we archive the closed store reviews? Somehow stream line the section to active, open stores.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A question for the admin... lol, you guys are hating me. :mad:

With other forums I would get an update email on occasion... I dont think I have got anything like that from Fishbox. Maybe just like a 'whats new' email sent out to all registered members with an invitation to check it out.

I know some have probably left the hobby but they all cant have left.

Sorry for all the ideas. :p

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So its been a month now since I posted this proposal... How do you think we are doing?

I have seen quite a bit more activity here and have to applaud all the participation from our forum members.

I think I have to give a shout out to ones Ive seen helping keep the box active.
@Joel / @Betty / @FishBeast / @sir_keith / @Colin James / @lloyd378 / @Seattle_Aquarist / @whatthebloody / @Tank / @Steelpony / @Modest_Man / @finray56 / @christophercanary / @subtropicalfish /a visit from an old-time Fishbox member @Madness

If I missed any thank you's, please feel free to tag them here. We appreciate all the work keeping the Fishbox active and fun.

Also a thank you to our site sponsor Aquarium Co-Op, @Cory

Keep up the good work everyone!

Last edited:

FishBeast

It’s really encouraging that we are having this mini-renaissance! Thank you for spearheading @DMD123 ! Full disclosure, I actually joined the local Kitsap Facebook group :rofl and it’s actually pretty laid back with strict rules etc. about spam. BUT that being said my first love is the good ol’ FishBox. This is where I came when I went back to the hobby 3 years ago and found it to full of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people! I’d really like to take it to the next level maybe with a meetup or something one of these days. Maybe have breakfast or coffee, a mini swap and then finish off with an LFS visit somewhere depending on who’s available and where is closest. I know we will get there eventually! Have a great evening everyone!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
It’s really encouraging that we are having this mini-renaissance! Thank you for spearheading @DMD123 ! Full disclosure, I actually joined the local Kitsap Facebook group :rofl and it’s actually pretty laid back with strict rules etc. about spam. BUT that being said my first love is the good ol’ FishBox. This is where I came when I went back to the hobby 3 years ago and found it to full of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people! I’d really like to take it to the next level maybe with a meetup or something one of these days. Maybe have breakfast or coffee, a mini swap and then finish off with an LFS visit somewhere depending on who’s available and where is closest. I know we will get there eventually! Have a great evening everyone!

Maybe I'll start spamming the kitsap group to encourage them over here

Betty

Staff member
@Joel, is there a way to send out an update/email kind of thing to registered members? Like DMD mentioned -- just a note that we are still here and stop back in and check us out.