Ideas for a South American schooling fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

How about fish that are related to piranha fish. They school together and are American fishes

A

Anonymous

It's like no one speEEky Engrish. SOUTH AMERICAN Schooling fish that will go with my Apisto's, angel fish, and cory cats... No, not Discus, no Piranha cousins from America, no, trout/ minnows from India.... Lol!

Never mind y'all, MOD DELETE THIS POST!

P.S yes the blue tetra are awesome but have the same body shape and size as neons and rummy nose, they will be gobbled up!
The minnows Cory posted from India..... WOW !!!

A

Anonymous

SiRWesDragon said:
Ok. How about pentazona barb.
WOW REALLY? How you get ASAIN BARB out of South American schooling fish ?!?!?

Please someone shoot me....

A

Anonymous

Well hope cory can help. Cause we cant speak Engrish. Geez. Helping you with ideas but very limited schooling species in south American that are not slender and small sized that are not Discus, no Piranha cousins from America, no, trout/ minnows from India and barbs from asia. :tongue: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
What about a tall bodied tetra like a Bleeding Heart

A

Anonymous

SiRWesDragon said:
Well hope cory can help. Cause we cant speak Engrish. Geez. Helping you with ideas but very limited schooling species in south American that are not slender and small sized that are not Discus, no Piranha cousins from America, no, trout/ minnows from India and barbs from asia. :tongue: 
Here is a link for you with 20+ species of Tetra. http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Tetras/

You don't know how many times I've re-read my original post trying to figure out the misscommunication. Since I am unable to see where I went wrong I am contributing the recent rash of bla bla posts to the fact someone opened the gate with the " Post more to win" contest... In the past couple of days on WashFishBox I have seen a rash of posts that are near meaningless and completely waste space on my email inbox. I feel sorry for any MOD having to monitor these threads...ha! But, I degress...

Sometimes there are other species that are not on these lists, rarer species, not always readily available to the hobby. I am currently leaning toward the Red Phantom Tetra.

Thank you DMD123,  I do like these these and are the shape & size I am looking for. I am currently researching the Bleeding heart, emperor , and the Red Phantom.

pbmax

theChad said:
You don't know how many times I've re-read my original post trying to figure out the misscommunication. Since I am unable to see where I went wrong I am contributing the recent rash of bla bla posts to the fact someone opened the gate with the " Post more to win" contest... In the past couple of days on WashFishBox I have seen a rash of posts that are near meaningless and completely waste space on my email inbox. I feel sorry for any MOD having to monitor these threads...ha! But, I degress...
:laughhard: I got a kick out of your responses. You were expecting people to read your post in detail!? Talk about your unrealistic expectations... :D

The only schooling south american fish I have any experience with are corys. I don't think they fit the spirit of your first post, but I believe they're not eliminated by any of the criteria you list, apart from "a little different" in that they're arguably "a lot different" from what you say you like. In a big tank and a big enough group some corys can school very well.

I admit, this is a useless post, but I wanted to communicate to you that I feel your pain. Most folks completely ignore the details in posts, emails, etc. And FishBox certainly isn't alone in this regard.

Madness

Staff member
Well apparently TheChad didnt think that his thread was very amusing and he deleted his membership.

I understand we are all trying to help, but maybe when someone is really looking for a specific thing, whether its a food, medicine, disease diagnoses, fish, whatever, lets try and stick to what is requested.

One of the biggest problems with threads that get out of control is that people dont always read the original post, and therefore form their own idea of what it was by the responses.

Take the time to read it all, and help in the way that is asked.

pbmax

Wow, that sucks :( :( I hope it wasn't in direct response to what I posted.

I do agree with his assessment about the post contest - probably not a good idea.

That said, people are just trying to help - a little patience is required of anyone using online forums. Friendly discussion doesn't always stay 100% on track.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I am not picking but in the original post it says South American and yet Congo Tetras were being considered. :suspect:  So right off the bat an African species was mentioned so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.