How To: Upload a picture.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
First step is click on the upload a file button.
upload1.jpg

You'll need to navigate to where you have pictures saved on your computer. Choose the picture you'd like and click open.
upload2.jpg

Now you'll have a picture uploaded. It should look like this.
upload3.jpg

To insert a picture into a post where you are writing mid post you'd use the Full Image or Thumbnail button.
upload4.jpg

If you put in a thumbnail it'll be the small version that people can click on.upload5.jpg

Madness

Staff member
I never had an issue in the past uploading my pics, and now I am unable to because I keep getting an error message that my photo is to large. Can we increase the limits? If not, I will not be posting photos if I have to physically change everyone of them.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
What size photo are you trying to upload? I can definitely increase the size, but want to avoid images that are like 15megabytes etc as it'll slow load times down on a thread.

hose91

Is it possible to link to images on other photo sharing sites, specifically google drive? I tried using the image tags, and getting the link from Drive then pasting it in, but all I get is a the broken image icon. I could download and re upload, but would like to skip those steps if possible. It might also be that it's a Google Drive thing, as I've not tried it with Imgur or Photobucket (I don't use either very regularly, but my phone autosaves to Drive, so that's convenient). Thoughts?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that is possible. I also use google drive. When I go to "share" it want's an email to give permissions to view it instead of just a link anyone can view. You can load photos directly from your phone to the site. or use another photo uploader such as photobucket etc. Those links do work.

hose91

Yeah, Drive has always been a bit wonky when it comes to URL links. When you Share, you can click "advanced" and then it gives you an option to make it a public link, but that doesn't seem to improve the "quality" of the link you get, and I still get the IMG icon. Hmmm. I'll try maybe uploading direct from phone or go back to the photobucket option. Thanks for thinking about it!