hot Brevis action

aaronfeeney

Looks like a couple of my Brevis have paired up, Female has much darker markings and big male keeps herding her into shell whenever i come near. we'll see how this goes..

Also confirmed a red zebra holding young... I could see wriggling in her mouth tonight when the light was just right. I have been thinking she was holding for about 4-5 days now

larry.beck

Sweet, looking forward to hearing how those brevis do. :)

Parker and I just stripped 4 mbuna tonight, including 1 red zebra... I've seen all the wigglers I want to for a while. LOL

sandnuka

Wooohooooo! Love it when stuff works out! good luck with the brevis, what do you have to feed em?

Really depends on the parent, but stripping can be really easy with any fish.... they just let them go for ya sometimes, makes it so nice. Im sure it can be a pain though, had a front that wouldnt let anything go... was terrible!

larry.beck

Parker has it down now, once we get 'em netted (that's the time consuming part!) she can strip most of 'em in 2-3 minutes max. One of our dem's seems to pretty much just spit them out when Parker picks her up now, she's been through it so many times. LOL

aaronfeeney

I'll have someone feeding the zebras finely crushed flake while i am on vacation. hope the Brevis wait a week till I get back, but I'll be raising baby brine shrimp, in the hatchery I got from a member.