Holding Demasoni

sandnuka

Betty said:
Nice looking fish and eggs. :)

The demasoni looks really different from the ones I used to keep. Mine didn't have that many bars on the body.
Honestly, He looks the most demasoni ish compared to some of the others.... I have a few that arent even blue, more violet and there bars are not black, but dark purple.... craziest thing I have ever seen..... but I really do like the dom. male color... the dark black and blues with some white along the fins just looks awesome when he is in breeding mode.

and what do you mean "used to keep" I thought you still had demasoni with your mbunas?

Betty

Staff member
sandnuka said:
Betty said:
Nice looking fish and eggs. :)

The demasoni looks really different from the ones I used to keep. Mine didn't have that many bars on the body.
Honestly, He looks the most demasoni ish compared to some of the others.... I have a few that arent even blue, more violet and there bars are not black, but dark purple.... craziest thing I have ever seen..... but I really do like the dom. male color... the dark black and blues with some white along the fins just looks awesome when he is in breeding mode.

and what do you mean "used to keep" I thought you still had demasoni with your mbunas?
I bought my demasoni back in 2004 or 05 -- a long time ago and they have dwindled away to no more left. :(
I found some pics of a few of mine that I posted awhile back --- http://www.wafishbox.com/t1758-pseudotropheus-demasoni . Mine had fewer bars. I don't know if that's something that varies with Pombo Rocks, but I've seen pictures of the Mozambique that have more bars.

sandnuka

Thats right, I remember yours... i loved the way they looked! the thicker bars and such a nice blue under.... too bad there all gone now. :(

sandnuka

Here is some pictures of the babies growing.... out of the 9 eggs, 6 are fertile.... lets hope all 6 make it. :)

dsc01011.jpg

sandnuka

More pictures

here is the alpha, no flash sorry, it was hiding whenever i used flash.

demaso10.jpg

here is one of the female, think this one was the mom

demaso11.jpg

this is an omega, or an outkast male that zoomed in for a picture taken

demaso12.jpg

larry.beck

Hey Sand be sure to siphon those 3 bad eggs out before long. They'll mold and kill the other eggs if you're not careful.

Nice tumblers, they look just like mine. :)

sandnuka

larry.beck said:
Hey Sand be sure to siphon those 3 bad eggs out before long. They'll mold and kill the other eggs if you're not careful.

Nice tumblers, they look just like mine. :)
Three bad ones are gone... took them out as soon as I noticed they werent fertile... one of them floated to the top, and the other two never got the lil black eyes and I waited until everyone had tails and then took them out to itleast give them a chance to see if they were just slow developers....

Im sure the tumbler is from the same guy, he sells on aquabid and ebay.... the first time I got a couple I only got the one with on layer, stupid mistake, the fish just sucked the babies right thru the mesh! So this time I went with the dbl layer tumbler, works very well..... wish the control valve on it was a little better instead of basically just on and off mode... but luckily my air pump has a pressure control on it. :)

sandnuka

InfamousRedlineZ said:
Sorry to hear about the lost but I hope those three survive the whole way through
you got it backwards.... three didnt get fertilized.... 6 are good :) see in the picture, they have lil tails and two black eyes...

Anthraxx

yup thats one of the males alright. and one of the females that held for me a couple of times. glad theyre still going strong.

Tr182md

I got double layer egg tumbler from Kens fish. Came with dial for control. Can also use drip irrigation valve.

Should be easy to replace valve if it is inline.

That is a good looking fish! I now have 13 Kiriza from gobluecichlid so I am an official tropheus keeper now!

sandnuka

Tr182md said:
That is a good looking fish! I now have 13 Kiriza from gobluecichlid so I am an official tropheus keeper now!
thanks, demasoni is definetly my favorite mbuna..... and welcome to the tropheus addiction! goblue's kirizi had some outstanding yellow in them, they looked almost breeding age too. should have fun with them! :)