Hitchhiker

mvrck

Snail hitchhikers are always funny. Though you have to be careful who you catch a ride with. I wound up with free Malaysian trumpet snails in my tank because one of our African Fan shrimp grabbed him while being scooped out of the tank at the LFS.

He held on through the whole ride home, and acclimation before finally letting go when we put him into the tank proper.

MorganEA

mvrck said:
Snail hitchhikers are always funny.  Though you have to be careful who you catch a ride with.  I wound up with free Malaysian trumpet snails in my tank because one of our African Fan shrimp grabbed him while being scooped out of the tank at the LFS.

He held on through the whole ride home, and acclimation before finally letting go when we put him into the tank proper.
 :lol!: that's so funny! he just wanted his buddy to come to the new tank with him

pbmax

The little guy could have picked a faster ride... nerites aren't terribly quick. Maybe he should upgrade to a mystery snail? :) My shrimp cruise around on those. 8) 

I watched one of my largest mystery snails run right over little bladder snail yesterday on the front glass.  :affraid: 

hello12590

Haha nice picture. About a month ago I had 3 ramshorn snails riding on top of each other on top of my mystery snail I couldn't believe it

pbmax

I'll see your snail and raise you a bunch of RCS.  8) 

They get all hyper when I dump food in sometimes and ended up mobbing the poor mystery snail this evening.