Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps - Where to Buy (local)

Has anyone seen these being sold in a shop/store anywhere in Washington? I would love to get several of these. I don't trust buying online, because, I want to actually see what I'm getting, since they're all unique. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about when it comes to buy driftwood online... it's kind of a gamble if you get a good piece, or a stump. So, that's why I'm curious about buying them at a shop, rather than buying them online.

Any leads would be great! Thanks!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 114

flamechica

It would be a long ways for you, but I know they used to sell them at a shop in the Bellis Fair mall in Bellingham called Woolies. It's kind of a hippy-ish store that has all kinds of stuff like incense, long flowy skirts, statues of buddha, etc. I haven't been in there in ages, so can't say for sure they still have them, but I would imagine that they still do as when I worked there years ago they weren't a hot ticket item as they weren't real cheap, as I am sure you are aware.

Bob

I actually looked into these about a year ago. Couldnt find anywhere local. I'll buy one online right now and let you know.

Betty

Staff member
I think I saw these at Lowe's or Home Depot. Can't remember for sure; it was a while ago, but might be worth a look if you have one nearby.

Ali

I have one I'm not using and would love to trade it for fishy stuff, are you going to the swap meet?

Ali: *GASP* I would totally make it to the swap meet JUST FOR THAT! lol.

What kind of fishy related stuff are you looking for? I have some stuff here and there, but I can't really list anything off the top of my head. Hahah... Hmmm... if you send me PM with things you might be looking for, I could check and see what I have, and we could work something out from there. :D

Betty: I checked our local Lowes and Home Depots near Kitsap, and they didn't have any. :( But I'll definitely keep checking back!

KaraWolf: Fred Meyers, I hadn't thought of that. I'll definitely see if they have any!

ShortyKiloGyrl: Definitely worth checking. :)

Vicmacki said:
PokeSephiroth said:
Vicmacki: If you do order one online, the place I've found them the cheapest, is on Amazon. $20 for an 8" lamp.
http://www.amazon.com/WBM-Himalayan-Nat ... +salt+lamp
option.

Thats the one i got, should be here by Thursday, i love prime.

Awesome! Please do let me know how it is! I loves me some primes! :)
discus_2013: Awesome! I'll give em a call tomorrow morning! Thanks!
Holdmybeerwatchthis: Huh, who woulda thought?! LOL! I'll give em a call as well :)

Ali

Poke, I simply want my tanks to look perfect, filled with healthy/happy/breeding fish and thriving plants; of course never ever requiring maintenance. That's something you can totally do, right? :p

Nah, to be a bit more realistic maybe trade some lighting made from salt for lighting for my tank? I can add some cash to make up a difference in value. Though I'm open to just about anything. The PM message system here is wonky from my phone. If it's okay by you I'd rather call/text: my number is 206-250-5214

Bob

Well it's actually larger and heavier than i expected. Ended up coming in at a little over 9 inches, width wise i would say the size of a 2 liter bottle. I left it on for a few hours, does not get hot at all. I think it would take quite a few to get the desired effect.