He's DEAD, Jim! My new bichir with half-baked autopsy. [GRAPHIC]

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man. I'm so sorry for your loss @FishBeast Damn.

This thread is full of GREAT info though. I'm sure your experience just helped a ton of other people....

Sorry to dredge up this old post but
1) Agree @VickiK sad thread but I too have learnt a lot
2) The person beside me on the bus thinks im nuts lookin at this 'snake' being dissected
3) I love the way you write @FishBeast
4) @FishBeast where did you learn to autopsy? I *might* be at a stage I can start doing this myself if I can find a way to skill up

FishBeast

Sorry to dredge up this old post but
1) Agree @VickiK sad thread but I too have learnt a lot
2) The person beside me on the bus thinks im nuts lookin at this 'snake' being dissected
3) I love the way you write @FishBeast
4) @FishBeast where did you learn to autopsy? I *might* be at a stage I can start doing this myself if I can find a way to skill up
Hahaha it does look snake-like! Thank you for the compliment, mate! To be honest this was my first fish autposy ever, though I've dissected human corpses in anatomy class... I was just winging it. Thankfully organs look similar enough across species so I could tell what I was looking at! :)

Burningfyra

This post will chronicle my progression through the stages of grief... with the last stage being "Cut fish open and see if anything may have contributed to its passing."

I am sorry for your loss. but I feel if this is the attitude on the forum I am gonna spend some time here.

Thanks @VickiK... After talking with Cory, I've learned my lesson as far as online orders go. I'm going to keep the skull and probably turn it into a keychain. :)

yep I like it here. what did he say? if you dont mind telling me. And what, if anything did you do wrong.

FishBeast

This post will chronicle my progression through the stages of grief... with the last stage being "Cut fish open and see if anything may have contributed to its passing."

I am sorry for your loss. but I feel if this is the attitude on the forum I am gonna spend some time here.

yep I like it here. what did he say? if you dont mind telling me. And what, if anything did you do wrong.
Thank you! I guess he gave me an idea of what the risks of buying fish online as opposed to through an LFS entails. Which in this case was a fish being sent that wound up dying AFTER the warranty period (which is effective only until you open the bag). The Co-Op will not sell a fish until it has been quarantined for a week, and so they assume a good portion of the risk, and of course absorb the shipping cost as well. :)

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you! I guess he gave me an idea of what the risks of buying fish online as opposed to through an LFS entails. Which in this case was a fish being sent that wound up dying AFTER the warranty period (which is effective only until you open the bag). The Co-Op will not sell a fish until it has been quarantined for a week, and so they assume a good portion of the risk, and of course absorb the shipping cost as well. :)

Yeah thats the thing FB you dont just buy from an LFS you buy from Cory!!! So lucky