Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

JK47

Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

This pair consists of a 2" TL male andfemale. They just spawned for me this morning. The smallest species I've ever had spawn for me. This is them in breeding dress about an hour before spawning. Hopefully I can move them to another tank and retain some of the fry.

P1011619-Copy.jpg

Mikey

Re: Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

Wow they are gorgeous - and small! Congrats man!

JK47

WhosUrDadi said:
WOW. they looks so nice... i like it... ^_^
Thank you very much! :D

Mikey said:
You should enter a picture for POTM :beer:
No POTM quality for me, I only have a sony P&S. I really need to invest in a DSLR setup. I've been eyeballing the Nikon D90 from a freind but haven't pulled the trigger. I am a moderator over on monsterfishkeepers and really need to step up my game.. Everybody is making me look bad lol!

JK47

WhosUrDadi said:
get the nikon D7000 , its the newer version of the D90
This will be my first SLR so I want to save a little and learn a little. My buddy advised I should pick up a D90 since there will be a ton of used ones being sold since the D7000 came out. Seems like sound logic to me. I sent in a POTM entry for you guys like you asked. [crosses fingers] what camera are you using?

Is anyone else supprised to see such a small species spawning? Is this normal for H. carpintis? This is the first species I have kept. I try and geets some pics of the eggs. They burried themselves pretty good though!

WhosUrDadi

just using a regular digital camera for now... still saving for D7000... ^_^

JK47

WhosUrDadi said:
just using a regular digital camera for now... still saving for D7000... ^_^
Good I'm glad I'm not alone haha! Got pics of the spawning in progress. This pic is edited/brightened so you can see the eggs on the blue airstone/bar (it's off right now) the second pic is the same one, just the original un-edited version.

P1011653-Copy.jpg

P1011653.jpg

HALP

JK47 said:
WhosUrDadi said:
get the nikon D7000 , its the newer version of the D90
Is anyone else supprised to see such a small species spawning? Is this normal for H. carpintis? This is the first species I have kept. I try and geets some pics of the eggs. They burried themselves pretty good though!
I had a h. cyno spawn with a cuban at just over an inch, they are as bad as convicts

aaronfeeney

Mine have spawned a lot at the 2" female and 3" male mark,,, just discovered another batch of wrigglers tonight while setting up my 135g

Madness

Staff member

Had a pair of Texas spawn at 2-3". Now Aaron gets to deal with them. :)

aaronfeeney

They are mean as hell when spawning, took half of the 100g for territory with Loselli, red devil, GT, and plecos.

JK47

Great feedback, thanks guys! I can't wait until these two put on a little size. They are going to be show stoppers for sure.