Here we go again

Madness

Staff member
Another spawn is about to take place. I am really thinking about breaking it up before it happens. :twisted: Why you ask? :?: Its because my male Nanchatal Zonatum is about to spawn with (which I finally know is a female) BLACKBELT!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: And his and her colors look amazing right now. Her body is blue and her fins are bright red red, and he is amazingly colored with blues and greens.

What should I do? Im not much into hybrids. But a Zoblackbelt may look cool.

Madness

Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
Hybrids suck, break it up!
How do you do that without removing a fish? Maybe I will just use the babies as food. Except a couple. C'mon Im curious. :D

At least its 2 Vieja's, and not a Vieja and a Parachromis or something odd like that. 8)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I think you should breed them and then take all the mutant babies over to Aquarium Paradise since they love to sell hybrid fish there!

Anthraxx

LOL here i thought i was the only one who thought that... and their adds online saying they are the largest freshwater store in the country... be careful not to step in that one hahah.

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure there the largest fish only store in washington.. but that's just sq footage and sq footage isent everything. They are the only place I know of that always has big saltwater monsters like eels and such. But the rest of there selection has been put on the back burner. Kinda sucks because with the space they have they could potentialy have the best shop, with the biggest selection in washington... that being said, Lonzo (the owner) and I go back a ways and I do stop by there often to talk to a fish guy that knows his stuff (his stuff is s/w).

Madness

Staff member
Thanks to these two fricken horn fish, :lmfao: now the hormones are ragging in this tank. Looks like my other Blackbelt is a female also. One of my Bifa's is a male trying to go after me other BB. My Argentea and Regani are starting to drop their tubes. My smallest Bifa is even getting into the act. I have 9 fish that are getting friskie. The only good that may come out of this, is that I may find out what I have. IE sexing the fish. The way the largest Bifa is acting and the rest are acting, I think that I may have all the rest females. The male Bifa gets aggressive with the others, and the dominant male Zonatus swims over and tells him to cool his jets, so the Bifa backs off, waits till the Zo leaves, and back at it he goes. OMG, is there a way to remove the hormones in this water?

If you want your fish to spawn, Im serious, come get some water out of this tank. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
If you want your fish to spawn, Im serious, come get some water out of this tank. :D
Dont get any on you or else...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
:idea:

Put some of that water in with the RTM's... you joke about the hormones but I bet your on to something