Hemichromis Fasciatus spawn!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have received probably close to 15 fry from will, and can honestly say that no fish I have ever raised as shown the aggression that these fish show each other even at the 1" mark! I went from 25 to 1 in a 125g tank in about a month and a half! Gdtying rhem to spawn is a real victory!

Chiisai

lloyd378 said:
I have received probably close to 15 fry from will, and can honestly say that no fish I have ever raised as shown the aggression that these fish show each other even at the 1" mark!  I went from 25 to 1 in a 125g tank in about a month and a half!  Gdtying rhem to spawn is a real victory!
 :?:  lol

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Darn fat fingers and lack of proof reading...... Meant "getting them"

Haha

Will I am

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/D-ILneLRZbU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Quick update on my H. Fasciatus pair. They laid their first batch in my 90g. Will update soon!

A

Anonymous

:iagree:  - I ran out of votes or I totally would have given a + 1 here! Beautiful!!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
They look like a nicely bonded pair!  Crazy to seem them able to cohabitate

Will I am

lloyd378 said:
They look like a nicely bonded pair!  Crazy to seem them able to cohabitate
Haha! It's been a very rough road! Just before putting them in the 90, I had the male in a next just sitting in the top of my 180 (in a net). He was whoopin up on her pretty badly. I couldn't keep the fry alive so I'm pretty sure that's what his problem was. Let me know when you are ready to take the beast again, I have some around 3".

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love a solo male to go in my community central tank

Will I am

3 left? I hope thats from selling donating the rest? If they are spawning on such a massive level I would think you would have more than 3 survivors out of what appears to be hundreds.
These guys start killing each other at 1". End up losing 5-7 fry per day once around the 1" mark. they go fast lol.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
You could grow out a fry for quite a while in a 40b.....

Or wait for his elongatus which max out around6" and are the prettiest in my opinion.

Post up a video of those, will!