Help with Equipment?

40GallonsOfDoom

Recently back into the fish game after almost a decade. I got a goldfish in a 10g tank and want a good canister filter, not a inside the tank canister. I like to put around 2 to 3 times the tank volume of filtration on tank. Looking for suggestions, thanks in advance. Also if you can identify the type of goldfish, that would be great.

Attachments

• 20211120_195644.jpg
    20211120_195644.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 6

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome to the forum @40GallonsOfDoom

For a 10 gallon set up like that an Aquaclear hang on the back filter would be one of the easiest to maintain and a long lasting piece of equipment. A small canister filter is an option but likely a ton more work to clean and maintain. If you do decide to go down that option the Eheim 'classic' line of canister are excellent long term investments.

40GallonsOfDoom

Awesome! Great filter choice.

Are you looking for an LED fixture? Going to try live plants?
I'm gonna keep this tank pretty simple. Some decorations and leds. But now that I'm getting back into it, I'll probably get some more cichlids and bigger tanks. At one time I had around 8 tanks in my apartment. 85g, 75g, 2 45g, 20g, 28g bowfront, and a couple little one's. Mostly cichlids, freshwater shrimp, and a nano saltwater coral.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
No I meant the decorations. This is just till I make room for a larger tank for the fish. Lol
Looks like Petco will be running the 50% off sale again for Black Friday. Might be a good time for a reasonable priced upgrade…