Help question for the forum....

Jackietupr

My black Delta tail male Betta got stuck in his decoration one night & by the time I got to him, his eyes had fogged over & I feared he may be dead. As I picked up the little vase decoration he was stuck in above the water line, he started wiggling, so I pushed him backwards into the vase so he could get out since he was too big to continue going through or he'd have done it in the night. His back is racked up, his pectoral & ventril fins are messed up, and he didn't eat all day after getting out. I tapped the tank to make him go to the surface to gulp air to keep him alive & put Betta fix in the water to help him heal, but need to know if anyone thinks the foggy eyes will go away. I thought he may be blind, but he reacted to the mirror today & flared at it... so there is hope & he ate frozen brine shrimp too. I believe he may live, but just want to know if anyone would know about the foggy eyes.

Thanks for any help.

dkpate

Keep the water SUPER clean. Is he living in an actual vase? If so, change part of the water every day until he heals. Do you have a heater and a filter in there? You can also lower the water level so he can get to the surface more easily.

Jackietupr

He is in one of those under gravel filtration type hex tanks, 2 gallons, with a live plant in it & now a coffee cup. There is a little cheap Walmart heater in there also. I'll change his water & leave it a little shorter so he can get up to the top easier, but he's looking stronger as the days go by. His eyes are still foggy though. He's eating and swimming stronger now.

Thanks for answering.

Anthraxx

Lots of fresh water and some type of salt / melafix wouldn't hurt his chances either. Don't go overboard on either but in moderation i think long-term these will help him heal up.

Ashley

Melafix has worked for cloudy eye for me in the past. Make sure you read directions carefully because I believe it tells you to take out all media in your filters. Haven't used it in a while though