Help me...I am DYING to buy an anemone.

Spyral

So, yeah, I know..6 months..lol.

But can someone explain why? My tank is a thriving, living, wonderful thing that has supported all life introduced to it so far! it's even growing it's own things and my corals are growing like mad..so why do I have to wait for an anemone?

My clowns, the poor bastards, are trying to host a feather duster and in their mad desire to host SOMETHING, they popped the h ead off of 2 of my feather dusters already!

So, please, tell me why it is a bad idea, why it would be paramount to anemone murder.

lilfishie

Technically you shouldnt add fish or coral until the tank has matured for a few months either, but every one does it. As long as your water parameters are stable and you have good enought lighting for it, give it a try. Do read this first please. http://www.karensroseanemones.net/buyingyourbta.htm
So many people buy anemones that the store says is okay, and they are so bleached out that they can not survive. Or, find an individual that has one that has split and get it from them.

Spyral

lilfishie, I read all of that site already. I want to get one today, since APFP has 15% off SW.

unconv-reefer

I agree, you should wait until the tank has matured but if you're on top of the care you can do it early,

Be careful what you buy, I personally would research first and stay away from white colored Anemones.

Also, be prepared they like to travel when not happy and can kill your corals, always better to move the coral as opposed to the anemone once it's found a home.

Spyral

APFP has the following:

4 Condy's for $12.99 each

2 Green Bubble's for $40 each

1 Rose Bubble for $90.

Factor in, there is also 15% off SW on Fridays! AAAGGGHHH!!!!

lars on

When I had mine for a freaking day it was only 35$ o:

would you reccomend a carpet anemone for a pair of saddlebacks lorrie?

lilfishie

Hey, I have an anemone for you if you want it. Rose Bubble tip. $35. I picked it up tuesday. You need to pick it as soon as possible. I also have some live rock available. I have a little more than I need. $3 lb. Theres not a lot, probably 15-25lbs.

Spyral

I'll take the anemone. Maybe I can get TJ to pick it up for me. He is coming out to get the 180 tomorrow.

lilfishie

No I cant. I dont want to take it out till I know its going and it may take some time to get it out. Especially if its attached to a rock. Cant guarantee I could be somewhere at any time. I'd prefer cash.