Help ID this pleco

Denizaari

Hey Guys and Gals,

I picked this pleco up today and we dont know what kind it is.

Please help ID and any other info you may know would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Deniz

unknow11.jpg

A

Anonymous

RED ALERT RED ALERT - fishNAbowl! Bad fish keeper, BAD!!

Denizaari

Thats exactly what it was. I didnt put 2 and 2 together (twice today) and thought it was something else. I'm so sorry if I reacted in a way that was not cool. Sorry to everyone that read the thread and my post.

I feel like a jack@55!!!

A

Anonymous

Denizaari said:
Thats exactly what it was.  I didnt put 2 and 2 together (twice today) and thought it was something else.  I'm so sorry if I reacted in a way that was not cool.  Sorry to everyone that read the thread and my post.

I feel like a jack@55!!!
No worries at all Denizaari. Dont stop posting!!! Keep us updated with your Raphael catfish. Seems 7.5 PH is at the high limit for this South American catfish. I dont have any experience on how they do with African cichlids. If you've never handled this type cat be mind full of its pointy spines, they'll poke you pretty good!

A

Anonymous

Lol. Fridging got it now. I was like "why you fishNAbowl a bad fish keeper?"  Didn't even notice the darn fish was in Fridging bowl.

Notice the pg13 bad words.

Denizaari

Well so far so good. S/he keep a pretty low profile under the rocks. I'm keeping an eye in em for a bit. The wonderful Internet says it should be ok. I had a sadonis in there a while ago and that cat was showing major signs of aggression towards the other fish. No joke, chasing them down and whipping them. I gave him up ASAP.

We'll see what happens, if this isn't a good fit then I'll see if anyone wants it.

Once again, my apologies about the comment. I didn't see the correlation and reacted in an immature way.

anthony

Those catfish are cool! they eat like monster catfish ,they will eat so much their stomach will be as big as the rest of their body. They also make a croaking noise. They won't be shy when the food hits the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denizaari

Well I haven't seen this super devouring act yet. He's been pretty low key. Any special teats that they like? I feed my plecos cucumber and zucchini from time to time.

Madness

Staff member
Raphael cats will eat anything. They are night time feeders and are most active at dark. Your Syno cat chased your fish because they are known to do that and attach themselves to the sides of fish and devour their slime coat.

The Raphy cat is a cool cat fish and will do an amazing job of cleaning your tank.

Denizaari

Madness said:
Raphael cats will eat anything.  They are night time feeders and are most active at dark.  Your Syno cat chased your fish because they are known to do that and attach themselves to the sides of fish and devour their slime coat.  

The Raphy cat is a cool cat fish and will do an amazing job of cleaning your tank.
\

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I didn't see the syno actually get a fish...I would have flipped out!!!

Hope the new cat does great, eat well and cleans the heck out of the tank!!!

What kind of treats should I incorporate into their diet?

Madness

Staff member
Denizaari said:
Madness said:
Raphael cats will eat anything.  They are night time feeders and are most active at dark.  Your Syno cat chased your fish because they are known to do that and attach themselves to the sides of fish and devour their slime coat.  

\

Thanks for the heads up.  Glad I didn't see the syno actually get a fish...I would have flipped out!!!

Hope the new cat does great, eat well and cleans the heck out of the tank!!!

What kind of treats should I incorporate into their diet?
No need for treats, they will eat everything.