HELP!!!! 10G SHURMP TUNK.

BillHN

I have a ten g shrimp tank. As posted in the planted freshwater section of the forums.
And well.. as of this morning. 3 rcs are dead. And one mystery snail was floating upside down this morning. But my wife found out the snailwas still alive once we transferred him to my 20l.
IIdk what's wrong with my tank! I dont want to put these guys in any kind of danger.

pbmax

We need information - get a test kit and give us Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate details as well as PH.

binbin9

i noticed you are using CO2, are you keeping it in check somehow? An over abundance can definitely kill your shrimps. If you are keeping just a shrimp tank I would just get rid of it all together and use low light plants like moss.

And I'd stay away from all the ferts you have pictured for your shrimp tank. If any of those have copper youre creating a recipe for failure.

Best to keep your shrimp tanks basic and clean with the right water parameters and not add CO2 or ferts.

pbmax

That's a good point about the CO2 - too much CO2 is pretty easily detectable via a PH test. If your PH is below 7 you have too much CO2 in your tank for neocaridina and snails. Neocaridina prefer a PH above 7 and snails require it.

Edit: CO2 in and of itself isn't bad for shrimp, it's the PH swing it can cause that's problematic. This is why they make PH controllers for CO2 systems - I used one of these for quite a while in one of my tanks with great success.

Fertilizers with copper shouldn't hurt your shrimp. I've used flourish comprehensive for years on my tanks with no issues whatsoever. The concentration of copper in these fertilizers is way below a level that would be harmful to shrimp, as long as you use them as directed.

BillHN

I let the fertilizer (1ml) sit in for a week before I put any inverts in.

Ordered overnight shipping on the test strips, I'll get them tomorrow.

Moved the shrimp to a breeder box and put them in the 20L.