Hellooo from tacoma

Llovsbarbie

Let me introduce myself...

21 years old. Soldier in the army and very very NEW to the fishy world!!

I Just got my first SW tank: 55 gallons (currently looking to go up in size ;) )

Housing:
2 clown fish
1 royal gramma
1 baby trigger
1 6 line wrasse
1 snow flake eel
and lots of little crabs and snails :)

Any advice and suggestions is welcome!!!

lilfishie

Welcome to Washington fish box. Great to have another saltwater fanatic joining us. Look forward to watching and helping with your upgrade. Your going at least 150 gal I hope.
Glad to have you.

Llovsbarbie

Thanks! 150 or bigger is def what I am looking for. I have some babies that would sure do better with a bigger tank once they get bigger and I still want to add more eventually, so bigger is better. Currently scoping CL out and looking for more bang for the buck. :D

lilfishie

Oh cool. I would love to do a bigger tank. I know where you can get a 250 acrylic tank, stand and canapy in excellent condition for 600. It is a sweet deal. Tank is 8' x 2' x 2'. Stand and canapy is painted white. Beautiful set up. I'd love to have it BUT!!!!!

Llovsbarbie

Really? Was it on CL? I saw one and it was soo pretty. Have to save for that. Maybe in a month or two. Were did you see it. I am interested in cherry wood to match the rest of our furniture. Wouldn't hurt to look at though.

lilfishie

acrylic 96x24x24 tank stand and hood reef ready with bulkheads and overflow plumbed for closed loop 600.00 No pump sump or lights

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
It on another site that I belong to. Although he may have posted it on craigs list.

Llovsbarbie

yep. its the same one. it is def pretty!! maybe in a couple of months I can afford that. for now looking for what I can get for what ive got to give.

lilfishie

If you can, find one that is reef ready. Over flow boxes are okay, but reef ready systems are so much easier to plumb and less chance of having a syphoning problem. Most tanks that big have built in overflows.

Llovsbarbie

reef ready. so that is a filter system?? (very new). thanks for the advice by the way. its things like that that I don't know much at all about.

lilfishie

Reef ready basically means that it has a built in overflow. Usually two holes drilled in the bottom and an overflow box built in around them. Should also come with return and overflow plumbing with bulkheads inside the overflow box. You'll undstand it if you see it.

Llovsbarbie

Got it. Ive seen those at pet stores with the holes in them. Scary looking honestly, but that is what I mean once I get a hang of things. I have to learn one way or another. Thanks again. I'll def look into those.

Billiethekid

lol a 55 is big for me since my largest tank is a 30 acryllic...
*edit*
Ohh and welcome to this Awesome site for us Washingtonians!!

Llovsbarbie

thanks! We are on the hunt. Im dreaming of a 300, but... we are going out today to get some ideas and prices. Been hunting CL down and and not sure just yet. Maybe have to stick with just a 200. Ill update on that!!

sandnuka

Hey and welcome to WFB, this is the best local forum around! Love the pictures you already uploaded, and glad to hear you have good expeirence... cant wait to read some of your posts.... being local you can check out our market area, do trades, buy, sell, even participate in group buys... thats what sets us aside from other fish forums... let us know if you have any questions.

momsfishn

Welcome ! Good luck in your search for the perfect tank! :) Your gonna love this gang. Someones always around to answer your post.

Llovsbarbie

thanks! I have noticed. Very friendly people and its nice to find something local with so many people interested in the same things as I. Nice to be apart of the group.

unconv-reefer

Welcome, just an FYI as you said your new to SW;

I see you have a snowflake, great eel but I'll warn you, I had one that started around 4" and kept him until around 16" +/- he would eat out of my hand etc. Anyway, I had lost a few fish over a month period of time, never knew what happened until I saw hime grab my 5" yellow tang and drag him down. Tang survived but..............I had to give the eel away.

Only saying this so you realize what you buy today may not work for what you want tomorrow.

Good Luck, your tank looks great