Hello WA

Maxwell

Hey everyone,

New member from Northeast Seattle. Awesome site, I've enjoyed checking out everyone's sweet tanks. Here are a few pics of my 40g and 10g. Still pretty new to fish keeping and looking forward to learning lots more. The 10g has been up for a month or so and is still empty. Any stocking suggestions?

Attachments

• image3 (1).JPG
    image3 (1).JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 76
B

big01612

Tanks looks great.
That 10gal would look good as a shellie tank. Dwarf african cichlids from lake tanganyaki that live in shells.

A

Anonymous

Welcome Maxwell! I say a trip to AquariumCoop and Aquarium Zen is in order. They both have awesome selections of plants and nano type fish for your ten gallon tank. Aquarium Co-Op will have you in a daze with the selection of small fish :)

Looks like you have a great start on both your tanks, they look great!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Long fin white cloud tetra look awesome when adults. I would never have guessed or been interested in them until I saw them at Aquarium Co-Op.

Welcome, you're tanks look good!

Maxwell

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. I've checked out both aquarium coop and zen a couple times and am really impressed with their knowledge and selection. Would adding some Texas holy rock to the 10g be enough to raise hardness for shellies or would I need to remove the driftwood and replace the sand with crushed coral? I just kinda worry about keeping a stable ph and hardness with my soft tapwater. Thanks again for the advice, I realize my questions may be better suited for rhe African cichlids lobby.

B

big01612

Crushed Coral in filter instead of inside sand. Cause shellies like fine sand not coarse that can hurt them. Crushed coral should be enough to balance the ph. If not just use seachem african cichlid buffers and seachem african cichlid salts.