hello if you didn't kno now you do

tayntdawg

Nismofan and I picked up shangos shrimp bizz yesterday. So if you are in need of good quality blood lines of shrimp please contact me or him and we will ne happy to make sure you get what your lookin for.

tayntdawg

Thanks yall justin is the one who is really into the shrimp iam his helping hand. But either way its super cool..lol so let me no it will be about a month before his ready to off load sum of them.

Awesome! This is close for me as well!

You don't happen to have any RCS right now, do you? I've just got my smaller tank finished cycling and planted, and have began my local search for some of these guys to be the start of my new shrimp tank!

CrazedAce

Well I can't say "Yay, you're close to me", but I'm happy to see a fishbox member take over as shrimp breeders. I wish you the best of luck!

LuminousAphid

Good luck, sounds like something that could make you a good chunk of change if you run it right!! I wish I had the knowledge/means to do something like that right now, but it might be a future endeavor for me.

Until then, I will be watching to see what you have, and possibly purchasing some. I work in Bellevue now, so you're closer to me for about 40 hours a week :p

hyp3rcrav3

I look forward to seeing your stock list. I just got some Cherry Reds from ballardfishguy. That means I don't want blue or yellow so they don't cross and revert to browns. However, I am curious what other shrimp will cohabitate peacefully with the Reds.

tayntdawg

The Orange shrimp we got will go with them and they will be ready in a week or so. Neon orange Shrimp is the name of the shrimp by the way and there neocaridina species.

pbmax

You don't want to mix RCS and orange neocaridina as they're the same species (neocaridina heteropoda) and will interbreed, producing offspring with unpredictable coloration.

hyp3rcrav3

I know there are some shrimp in other genus I can put in the tank with Reds but I don't know which one they will cohabitate well with. For instance, will ghost shrimp (Paleomonetes sp) eat young cherry shrimp?

pbmax

Ghost shrimp won't interbreed with any other shrimp in our hobby, but they may munch on anything they can grab and hang onto.  This includes shrimp, fry, smaller fish, etc. I wouldn't keep them with dwarf shrimp I cared bout. ;)

Caridina can be kept with Neocaridina - crystal reds, crystal blacks, tigers, etc. The problem with these guys is that they prefer acidic water while Neocaridina prefer a PH above 7. They can be kept together, but it can be a balancing act.

CrazedAce

I have a single Amano shrimp in my 55 community tank that is probably one of my oldest aquarium inhabitants. I've never seen it eat shrimplets, but you never know. I doubt it could eat them all though. :D

pbmax

CrazedAce said:
I have a single Amano shrimp in my 55 community tank that is probably one of my oldest aquarium inhabitants. I've never seen it eat shrimplets, but you never know. I doubt it could eat them all though. :D
I've read that amanos can, on occasion, eat other shrimp, but generally don't. They're probably a safe bet.

Indeed - the key is to out-reproduce the predator. ;)

LuminousAphid

I also have a lone amano shrimp that's left from the initial 6 I had at one point. I wonder if there is some sort of dynamic with them where it always comes down to the last man standing... Maybe they don't get along well in small groups? Or, maybe I am just bad at keeping shrimp; but then I wonder why I can keep this one alive, and also keep other types of shrimp pretty happy?