Hello, from Tacoma!

momsfishn

i joined this membership July 11, 2010. A little bit about myself, I am 70 yrs. old and I thoroughly enjoy my tropical fish. I have 1 75 Gal. MALAWI tank, 1 30 gal. community tank, 2 10's for various things. Babies, quarantine etc. But have now decided to set one of my 10's up for shellies. That is when I get back home from Oregon.Hope that was short enough, just wanted to let you know that I am thoroughly enjoy this site and the GSAS site. I hope posted this in the right place. If, please help me out guys. :heart:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the site! I have a shellie tank, LOVE them. If you have any questions, just ask! Everyone here is more than happy to help.

sandnuka

Alright! sounds like you got allot of experience under your belt! thats great, we love all the different technique and input people put into there comments! You need to take some pictures of thoughs tanks! I LOVE mallawii guys, so I am sure that 75gal is outstanding. Anyway, WELCOME TO WFB! dont be afraid to ask even the dumbest questions, we have a great group of people that love to put in there input and help out.

momsfishn

thank you all for the warm welcome!

My "vast" experience is really oldtime. Until about 3 yrs. ago, all my experience was in the 70's. Its come a long way baby. Again, thanks for the welcome! :D

momsfishn

I guess I'd have to say we had a little but of everything. If memory serves me right, we had at least 20 tanks of various sizes. We raised mostly livebearers. We had a showtank,of American Cichlids, they were my favorite. Like I said things have changed, the accepted way to clean and care for tanks at that time was under gravel filters were the top of the line, and once about every 6 mos. we stirred the gravel til the water was black,(couldnt see the fish),drew off half the water, refilled, then put a big power filter on it just long enough to clear the water. We topped off the tanks, when they got low. I dont remember testing anything. We always had clear water, accept for awhile after we set up a new tank. If it got too cloudy, we would make partial water changes until it stayed clear. Now I know why it worked. enough for now, grandma needs a nap! :sleep: