Hello from Spanaway!!! Newbie Fish, Shrimp & Plant girl! :)

LadyShrimp

Hi there!

Aquarium newbie here! I got into fish about a year and a half ago. Although I've had a random betta or 2 here or there throughout my life. ;) Started out with some Fancy Guppies from a couple breeders on Aquabid. Since then I've fallen in love with planted tanks. I'm still more in the learning phase than the actual application phase though. More from not being able to find plants from anywhere other than Petsmart, and being unwilling to pay like $10 a plant. Lol. My newest obsession right now is shrimp. Just got my first batch of Fire/Painted Reds from DETAquarium earlier today. I've been learning mostly from trial and error and what information I could make sense of on google.

I recently attended the Swap Meet that I heard about from someone else on another Forum I'm on. It was really exciting and I was so happy to find Mosses cheap locally!! I have kicked myself a million times for not finding out whose booth it was and buying a lot more moss when I was there!! I was trying to find more information to find out when the next swap meet would be when I finally discovered this forum. I am so excited to have found a local forum! So hello there!

I currently have:

30 gallon which I intend to be my planted tank project. It currently is acting as a grow out for one of my guppy strains until I get around to buying more plants for it. Currently have Anubias and Water Sprite started in it.

29 gallon Bow Front which is a community tank with Angels & Tetras

5 x 10 gallon tanks. Two of these are dedicated to my guppies. One has my new Neo Shrimps. And two others are cycling until I decide what direction I want to go with them. One I'm intending to be my new tank for my newly acquired shrimps but I'm waiting for my order of Controsoil from Amazon to come in. :)

I am moving into a new house hopefully by the end of the month where I'm hoping to build a permanent rack system of some type for my 10 gallon breeding tanks and some kind of pull out rack for growing/propagating plant/mosses.

Well, now you all have the entire story of my life. Haha. :p I look forward to getting to know you all!!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Hello from Spanaway!!! Newbie Fish, Shrimp & Plant girl!

Welcome aboard :)

L190

Welcome, fyi gsas is having a huge auction pretty soon. You can find some awesome deals there.

LadyShrimp

Thanks everyone! L190 I will definitely look into that one. Thanks! I've never been to an auction before so it would be interesting to go. :)

KaraWolf

Hello from Spanaway too!! :) and welcome to the forum!!!! :) So far weve been having the swap mets about every 3 months. Ron sets them up :)