Hello from Kitsap!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Hi Jared-

Welcome aboard! I know Pierre; he's been to my place (in Kitsap) and is a great guy. There's not a ton of activity on this board, but for those of us who won't do FB, this is a fun place to be. Won't it be great when we get on the other side of the pandemic and can get together again! :)

Jared Payne

Hi Jared-

Welcome aboard! I know Pierre; he's been to my place (in Kitsap) and is a great guy. There's not a ton of activity on this board, but for those of us who won't do FB, this is a fun place to be. Won't it be great when we get on the other side of the pandemic and can get together again! :)

Absolutely what I’m looking to start doing after this nightmare is over. Getting together with like-minded hobbiest, have some drinks and talk fish!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
You guys know tank? Man, we message each other all the time.... it used to be only flowerhorn / red Texas, but know we talk all cichlids!
Jared is an awesome dude who runs the FB group mentioned above! It’s the only thing on Facebook I go to... the rest is truly garbage haha!

welcome brother! Lots of like minded folk here. Also our boy @Tank is here too!

Jared Payne

Welcome Jared!

we are glad to have you. What species are you keeping and any pics of the tank / tanks?

i have a 75g Cichlid rescue tank (mbuna). A 55Gal planted display community tank (GBRs, rummies, Corys) pic below. Couple nano tanks throughout the house and I breed blue dreams/velvets and starting crystals.

I over filter all my setups and average 10-15 pounds of biological media (in the filters) on most my tanks. Well water is great and just love keeping the fish happy.

spend most my time helping newer hobbiest and rescuing sick fish and then rehoming. Love this hobby.

7FB6DF27-792D-4CC1-BD0E-5BB931E45360.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
i have a 75g Cichlid rescue tank (mbuna). A 55Gal planted display community tank (GBRs, rummies, Corys) pic below. Couple nano tanks throughout the house and I breed blue dreams/velvets and starting crystals.

I over filter all my setups and average 10-15 pounds of biological media (in the filters) on most my tanks. Well water is great and just love keeping the fish happy.

spend most my time helping newer hobbiest and rescuing sick fish and then rehoming. Love this hobby.

View attachment 7006
Beautiful tank. I think you’ll find that most of us on here hook each other up ( fish, plants, snails, decor) on the regular ....

I know I have given away a ton of fry but have also received a ton of fish over the years too.

It sounds like you are going to enjoy it here too.

Jared Payne

Beautiful tank. I think you’ll find that most of us on here hook each other up ( fish, plants, snails, decor) on the regular ....

I know I have given away a ton of fry but have also received a ton of fish over the years too.

It sounds like you are going to enjoy it here too.

yeah I love blessing folks with stuff. I have received a lot from others in the community and am a firm believer in what goes around comes around! Looking forward to more talks!!