Hello from Fort Myers, FL

Chiisai

You have to see the irony of someone from florida being on a Washington fish forum... washintonians must be a likable group lol

MRTom

Chiisai said:
You have to see the irony of someone from florida being on a Washington fish forum... washintonians must be a likable group lol
Gotta love it. We love fish all the same.

Livebearer

Joe,
since there is not section on this board for "Livebearers" anymore I thought I share this exciting news...here
I had babies yesterday!  :cheers: 
My Ataeniobius toweri (blue-tailed goodeid) hen had 6 fry and man they are HUGH!!!! 5/8" long..... These young are the biggest ever & from 2 different unrelated fishes I've aquired in the last 2 years. Very cool,,, LOVE THE goodies like Cichlid_gal said above. I would post a pic here but really have to be shown how as I've tried and gave up.
Don't be modest Please post a pic of your store front. I'm sure we'd all like to see as alot of us spend our weekends cruising around to different fish stores in this area just for the heck of it! Thanks Joe! Welcome you bring the in sunshine on here!  :sunny: 

joefish72

Very cool, I just got a drop of fry from my ilyodon lennoni, that I got at the convention last year. It took so long I was giving up hope and of course that's when it happened.

As for not having a livebearer section, for shame....for shame....
I feed baby cichlids to my belonesox, just trying to keep things balanced  :D 

Livebearer

Hey Joefish72,
Are you still out there???
Wanted to know if your store keeps native fishes from the S.E. U.S. areas???
More pics please>>>>>

joefish72

Yes, I keep some native species in the store. I almost always have Lucania goodei, Jordanella floridae, Heterandria formosa, Lepisosteus platyrhincus. In the summer months I have Elassoma evergladei which sell out as fast as they come in.

joefish72

My first store born hifin lyretail swords:
hifinswordfry2_zpsebabd051.jpg

I was able to count 52 fry in the picture, now I can't wait to see how they grow out.

Mom came in gravid so there is no telling what will come out in the mix, two fry already look like they might be wag. She will be put in with some proper green swords and I'll hope for some nice green fry in a few months.
hifinswordfry1_zps2d5b2725.jpg

Livebearer

NICE!!!
I'll keep You posted on how the meeting on native fishes goes!!! Oh well if you check the G.S.A.S. website it will fill you in.
Kat's a great, knowledgable gal.
I like those pygmy sunfishes
save some for mEE
LIVEBEARERS RULE!!!!!!