hello from federal way

lilfishie

Welcome to Washington Fishbox. It seems to be a busy holiday weekend for everyone. The site has been kinda quiet.

larry.beck

Hey zabelkid, nice tank, I do love them mbuna. :) Your aquascape isn't entirely unlike mine in my 125, which is a nice footprint for mbuna.

I didn't catch your Cyno's in the video, but did notice that it appears you're keeping just 1-2 of each species, is that true? Is this an all-male tank perhaps?

I have a quad of Cyno. afra "Cobue" that have only spawned one time; I'm growing out their 6 juvies now, which are approaching the 1.5" mark.

I also have Cyno. afra "hara" white top that are wild-caught, but none of my females are big enough to spawn yet.

I'm trying to decide whether I can get another Cyno. into my tanks; maybe a Jalo Reef.

What type are you specifically looking for?

zabelkid

larry.beck
I do have an all male tank, with just 1 of each species. I taped the video before I found the afra. I am looking for a white variant mainly, like a jalo reef, or hai reef is my favorite right now.

larry.beck

If you're looking for the most white on your next variant then I'd suggest the Cyno. hara "white top". They show the most white that I'm aware of on a cyno species. I've never kept an all-male tank, though, and the one thing I wonder about with cyno's is whether they'll color up if there are no females. My biggest 2 male white tops are in my show tank and when I add a female (I have a few F1's) they both color up immediately, but without that female they only color up to show dominance.

zabelkid

i have noticed that with the one i have, i never thought about that before. white top is on my list too. trying to get a store to order one for me.