Hello from Everett!

flamechica

Hello,

I just found this wonderful gem and have been browsing around enjoying the info. Figured I would introduce myself. I have had some sort of a tank around pretty much constantly since I was a kid. Right now, I have a 10g with 2 African Dwarf Frogs, 2 Corydoras, and what I believe to be a Columbian Zebra Pleco (L129) - though that is not what he was listed as at the store I bought him at and he has been quite the jerk of the tank since I got him, since he was not what I was told he was, but that is another story for another day. I am working on getting ready to set up a 35-40g hexagon tank soon, but my hubby is working on getting the hard water deposits off of it and going to redo the top seal that the hard water deposits have started to damage. I also have a 55g long tank and a coffee table tank that will eventually be set up one of these days. So, I am glad to have found this resource and look forward to "meeting" all of you.

flamechica

Right now, I only have the 10g set up, but here are some pics of the tank and it's inhabitants. Forgive my photography, it is not my forte. Haha

Here is the the African Dwarf Frog I have had for a few months. She is really friendly. Allows me to hand feed her and follows my hands around the tank when I have to do stuff in there. She is quite small for a female, so I call her my little runt. lol

Just got this female ADF yesterday. I really wanted a male, because I miss the "singing" the male I had awhile back used to do, but we couldn't find any in the tank yesterday when I went to the store :( So, I picked her out because she was a different color than I have had before - quite a bit lighter, almost albino.

Corydora

Corydora

Pleco that I believe to be a Columbian Zebra Pleco (L129) - this is one of the VERY few pics I have of this guy. He/She doesn't come out very often. Probably only seen him/her like this, full on, a handful of times in the year and a half or better that I have had him/her. In this pic, he/she was in the middle of throwing an absolute temper tantrum because I took away his/her fake ceramic cave that the paint had almost worn completely off of (and looked really tacky) and replaced it with the fake hollowed out tree you see in the pics.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Great shots of a nice little tank you got going there. Thanks for sharing.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Welcome!

p.s. vingear diluted in some warm water and a flat razor blade will help alot with those deposits! Can't wait to see the progress of the other tanks coming along!

flamechica

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Great shots of a nice little tank you got going there. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I got the lighter colored frog from your shop, actually. First time I was in there. Boy, were you guys busy! But I can understand why, it is a nice shop.

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Welcome!

p.s. vingear diluted in some warm water and a flat razor blade will help alot with those deposits! Can't wait to see the progress of the other tanks coming along!

Yeah, I have tried vinegar and warm water....think I even read something about adding hydrogen peroxide and tried that. I have tried just about everything I have read online over the last year to try to clean this tank to no avail. I have nerve problems in my hands and arms, so I finally resigned that I didn't have enough elbow grease to put into it and it was going to be that way forever. My husband on the other hand, was not happy with that decision, so he has taken over now, thinking he can fix it and he has spent Thurs/Fri after work and both Sat/Sun afternoons soaking and scrubbing this thing and not getting very far very fast with it. He has even resorted, against my better judgement, to using CLR on it and THAT is barely touching this stuff! It is about 10yrs or so of deposits...and my grandma (who gave us the tank) has the hardest water I have ever come in contact with. One shower at her house turns my hair to straw!

flamechica

tazeat said:
Nice tanks, the inhabitants seem happy. The cory and pleco are really cool

Thanks! As long as the Cory stay away from the Pleco, everyone is all good. I suspect the Pleco has snacked on a few of my Cory over the past few months, :( which is a big reason why I am trying to get my Hexagon tank set up so I can separate them.