Heading to Oregon

master chi

Well we're gonna take a family trip to portland, where my Bro in Law will get married,and then we're off to seaside. On the way back my wife has agreed to make a little stop to The Wet Spot. This will be my 1st time there,so I'm pretty excited. I hope there's something there I can either add to my all Male tank,or maybe a group to add for my mom's soon to be ready setup. While at seaside we're going to their aquarium,so I will have pics reday to share when I get back. This is gonna be fun.

jettej

Have fun! I was there last 4th of july i enjoyed browsing even thou. They just sold the last 2 Starlight plecos left. I am planning to go back this fall but for any reason i cannot go. I'll just go do the shipping method. Its cheaper than normal shipping. Goodluck!!

bassetman

Jealous of you . I would love to see the wet spot sometime. But it is a heck of a drive from here. I just talk to Anthony on the phone instead.

KaraWolf

Awesome :) Beware of the parking though, the lot right across the street from it is NOT for their parking (though the side-of-the-road is ) :/ it's for the bank and you can get towed even if the bank is closed :( There is a grocery store less then a block over that I've never had trouble parking in the 3 times I've tried it.
Enjoy oregon!!!!

CrazedAce

Hopefully they have their humidity in check when you get there, last time I was there it was extremely hot and moist! They have one hell of a selection though. And if you can persuade your wife to stop at World of Wet Pets that is also in Portland, OR, they also have a pretty good selection, most of it freshwater. I was actually on vacation to Cannon Beach, OR earlier this year, which is about a 15min drive from Seaside. I have to say, I wasn't much impressed with their aquarium, but its worth doing at least for the experience, same with Wetspot! Definitely not worth that long drive alone, cheaper to order online. :D

master chi

Well,we're back from our trip.the family all had a blast. My 18 month old had the greatest time. He spent quite a bit of fun time at the beach,he really couldn't stay away from the waves.
As a pisces,I feel he is definitely a huge fan of water,and fish. Which obviously works for me as a dad.
Earlier this year we took him to the seattle aquarium,which he loved. I made sure to share all the photos of that trip. Seasides aquarium however is not nearly as developed as seattle's.
I think my son got more of a kick from feeding the seals,and touching anenome more than anything else.Still we did get some shots,and I will share those later.
We did get to go to the Wet Spot on the way back,and I must say it was pretty darn cool. I didn't buy any fish,but it was nice to see such a dedicated aquarium shop. I will most certainly visit again,probably anytime I head that way,whether for family visits,or karate tournaments.
The store really has a good selection of african cichlids(my cichlid of choice),and just going there has given me at least two ideas for future tanks. So if anything going there was a great inspiration tool.
Anyways just thought I would share..Be seeing ya later folks..MC

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Glad you had fun. The Wet Spot is a cool store. I stop in every time I make my way down to Portland, usually twice a year. I come home empty handed most times but totally enjoy looking at the fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I ordered on-line from them and had no issues, fish came in on time and super healthy. $15 shipping sure beats the $75 in gas it costs me driving down there. But then my wife and I usually go to shop tax free so not a wasted trip. After years of visiting I too just found out about the grocery store parking this last time down.